Workplace Strategy Director - Strategic Consulting - New York , New York, United States, 10001
Workplace Strategy Director - Strategic Consulting
Job Description Summary
The role of the Workplace Strategy Director is to work in partnership with Strategic Consulting leadership and Tri-State professionals to promote and obtain new business, define scopes of work, negotiate contracts, formulate the objectives, approach, and activities of workplace strategy projects, and help complete such projects.
Acting as a team leader, the Workplace Strategy Director will direct, mentor, and coach junior team members to ensure the success of each team project and ensure that team resources are allocated and used effectively.
The Workplace Strategy Director will have a dotted line reporting relationship with the Strategic Consulting Workplace Strategy Practice Lead and help the practice generate new and innovative service line tools, models, and intellectual property material that will differentiate the offering, increase profitability, and strengthen external service line awareness.
* Work with the Senior Managing Director of Tri-State Strategic Consulting to develop business, define project scopes, and deliver projects to successful results for clients and Cushman & Wakefield
* Act as primary project contact for senior client stakeholders and build effective client relationships to help the team achieve a successful outcome
* Lead and participate in multiple client projects across varying stages of progress and effectively balance a diverse set of responsibilities
* Engage directly with client stakeholders to develop comprehensive workplace strategies, including end user interviews, utilization studies, employee surveys, benchmarking, and visioning work sessions.
* Drive insights from quantitative and qualitative analysis and synthesize into workplace strategy recommendations
* Effectively lead presentations and facilitate stakeholder engagement at client meetings
* Develop integrated people, place, and technology strategies that include workplace design, technology, real estate services and amenities, talent, and location considerations.
* Manage all timeline risks associated with individual projects
* As a recognized industry expert, write white papers and industry reports, support the practice's development of marketing materials and innovation of the service offering
* Help manage a team of analysts and consultants
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* Degree in relevant field (Architecture or Design) and 8-10 years' experience in workplace strategy and change management
* Outstanding analytical, verbal communication, graphic communication, teaming, and interpersonal skills
* Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, AutoCAD and/or REVIT
* Outstanding ability to help client navigate financial and non-financial factors to determine optimal solutions
* Self-starter with strong ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
* Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to balance multiple priorities and projects
* Possesses an "executive presence" with the ability to influence and manage client stakeholders using superior relationship building, communication, and leadership skills
* Experience working with commercial real estate brokers is a plus
* Experience with workplace technology strategy is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery including, but not limited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines; regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.