Wealth Management Strategy Specialist - Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60603
Participate in and lead value-add initiatives across the business, engaging in business unit strategy development, competitive analysis, fee pricing reviews, and ad-hoc projects.
- Work closely with the President and the Chief Financial Officer of the business unit to support strategic analysis and planning for Wealth Management including formulation of long term growth plans and profitability goals, and production of annual strategic plans.
- Regularly interact with Wealth Management senior leadership to develop, execute and institutionalize complex value-add initiatives across the business.
- Produce competitive analysis, including tracking and analysis of emerging industry trends and competitor performance to benchmark business unit results and inform Wealth Management strategy.
- Leverage market and competitive research to support fee schedule modifications, client fee reviews and others. Provide thought leadership on related subject matters and support integration of insights from analytics to accurately target growth.
- Lead special projects and ad hoc strategic and financial analysis to support growth and profitability initiatives. Identify issues, develop hypothesis and execute analysis to produce meaningful insight and present recommendations to key decision makers.
- Support merger and acquisition activity and due diligence and screening via fact-gathering, analysis and financial modeling.
Intimate knowledge of the wealth management industry and competitive landscape gained through 3+ years of strategy experience with top-40 wealth management institution or leading management consulting firm.
Demonstrated finance and strategic analysis experience, including experience in leading strategic analyses and projects across multiple disciplines.
Bachelor degree required, and advanced degree and/or related industry qualification (e.g. MBA) is preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to present relevant information concisely to senior management.
Solid Excel modeling and PowerPoint presentation skills.
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$135 billion in banking assets
$8.1 trillion in assets under custody
$10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$1.1 trillion in assets under management