Vice President of International Data Strategy - Chicago, Illinois, United States, 60601
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team - you'll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree and experience in the financial services industry
- 10+ years of strong, diverse experience in the data and analytics space with product development experience
- 5+ years of direct international experience required; preferably in an emerging market like Asia Pacific, Latin America or Africa
- Experience building partnerships and alliances
- Business development mindset; 'hunter' driven by finding and establishing new partnerships
- Adapt at working closely with data science and analytics professionals to analyze and isolate value from data sets
- Strategic mindset; skilled at building business cases and securing investment
- Highly strategic and resourceful when defining viable business initiatives
- Strong ability to lead through influence; thrives in "the matrix"
- Bring a strong entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think dynamically
- Proven thought leadership communication skills
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team
- Demonstrated experience with strategic & product planning
- Experience establishing new data sets through close collaboration and partnership with industry (e.g. banks) and/or government agencies strongly preferred
Impact You'll Make:
- The Vice President of Data Strategy - International Markets will be responsible for leading international teams in setting and executing against a strategy that will include identifying new types of data to add to or complement current solution sets and revenue streams. This will include the continued expansion of traditional credit data assets as well as alternative data.
- This role will work with internal and external stakeholders to create strategies that will positively differentiate TransUnion from its competitors through innovative product development focused on big data and analytics solutions using traditional and non-traditional information
- Lead an international team of data strategists; each residing in their home market and tasked with evolving the data assets we have in the region both through direct data acquisition, the establishment of Closed User Groups as well as through partnerships
- Advocate for, and ensure, consistent use of TransUnion best practices and fluid exchange of intellectual property across the globe
- Establish and drive a Financial Inclusion Initiative across geographies that aims to bring to light the challenges of millions of "credit invisible" consumers around the world; program will include thought leadership, partnerships with 3rd parties and government agencies and product development plans
- Support product line horizontals (e.g. credit risk, fraud, marketing, etc.) in developing and executing the data initiatives needed to drive their product strategies and plans
- Ensure optimal use of resources (financial, human and technical) to ensure efforts are allocated to the most high impact initiatives
- Partner closely with the Global Data Management team to ingest and test new data sources and work with local teams to advance their capabilities in this area; leveraging global technology, resources and assets wherever possible to drive scale
- Find new use cases and ways to enrich, improve and repurpose current data assets for innovative, revenue expanding uses
- Act as a thought leader internally and externally on the use of alternative data to improve business processes, expand marketing applications, reduce fraud and more accurately evaluate consumer and commercial credit risk
- Review business cases from the regions for furnishing new data and investing in new products, services and resources.
- Anticipate client critical business issues, regulatory changes and government driven opportunities to identify ways new data sources and uses can help TransUnion address those needs
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
VP, Product Management - provided by Dice