Vice President of Global Supply Chain - Houston, Texas, United States, 77039
J.B. Poindexter & Co. (JBPCO) is a privately held, diversified manufacturing company with over $1.7B dollars in annual revenue and 6,500 team members. Eight operating subsidiaries covering over 40 locations are engaged in the production of commercial truck bodies, step-vans, utility trucks, funeral coaches, limousines, pick-up truck bed enclosures, precision machining and expandable foam plastic packaging.
Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President of Operations for J.B. Poindexter & Co., Inc., the VP of Supply Chain will be responsible for setting the Procurement and Supply Chain direction of the company across all businesses. In this role, you will provide leadership to develop and deploy a best-in-class Shared Services model to support the JBPCO SCM strategy. You will direct and coordinate all procurement, strategic sourcing, logistics, supplier quality, planning and distribution activities. The position will also focus on building organization capability and capacity to actively support the SCM needs and drive process and functional excellence to JBPCO ensuring a high quality of customer service to our businesses.
- Provide overall leadership to the Corporate Procurement team along with oversight to JBPCO business unit Procurement and Logistics teams
- Support one JBPCO SCM strategy through standardizing best practices and processes across entities
- Define and execute strategies for developing Shared Services Center of Excellences for specific work streams, which are designed to integrate and enhance Supply Chain contribution
- Provide leadership to build culture of continuous improvement, process focus and functional excellence
- Extensive Lean leadership experience to ensure adherence to Lean principles throughout the businesses
- Work closely with various business units and functional leaders in deploying the shared service strategy through identifying the opportunities, developing the business case, developing the acceptance at all levels, ensuring world-class performance and sustaining CI culture
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand business pain points and provide solutions through benchmarking processes
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine the best strategy for procurement and strategic sourcing of raw materials/commodities based on present and future material availability as well as on time delivery, quality and cost measures of supplier performance
- Establish supply chain key metrics to drive performance improvement with partners; recommend and implement changes as needed to ensure business objectives are met
- Implement a strategic plan to support working capital and inventory turnover targets at best-in-class levels w/ a total focus on landed cost
- Oversee Purchasing functions; implement improvement plans to achieve annualized cost reduction targets in line with JBPCO efforts to establish LCC partnerships
- Initiate a collaborative effort to achieve business metrics by improving logistics efficiency and an improved value stream
- Adhere to Quality Policy by exceeding customer expectations, being customer focused and supporting continuous improvement activities
- Adhere to safety policies and practices behavioral based safety 100% of the time
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Industrial Management required; Master's preferred
- 15+ years of increasing responsibility in supply chain management
- 10+ years of Lean leadership experience
- International experience to include Latin America and Asia-Pacific
- Advanced and in-depth knowledge on supply chain and industry
- Track record in building and leading a high-performance Supply Chain team
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills and ability to work multi-dimensionally in a complex business environment
- Working knowledge of MRP systems (JDE strongly preferred)
- Executive engagement and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with a strong business acumen and analytics
- Willingness to travel extensively including internationally (estimate ~50% of time).
A competitive compensation package including base salary, incentive bonus and benefits will be provided.