Vice President Data and Analytics - Supply Chain Data Management (FT) - Oceanport , New Jersey, United States, 07757
Job Number: REQ40590-POS53034
Category: Professional / Management
Location: Oceanport, NJ
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals - Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children's hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children's Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state's largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health is New Jersey's largest private employer - with more than 33,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns - and routinely captures national awards for outstanding quality and safety.
The Vice President of Data and Analytics will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy for data and information management within Supply Chain and executing the strategy to ensure continuous improvement. The position plays a leading strategic role in defining and overseeing how the business captures, maintains, and applies data and information to support key business processes as well as driving adoption and integration efforts throughout the RWJBarnabas Health Care System.
- Act as the chief advocate and evangelist of data for supply chain across multiple departments and leadership teams
- Working with senior leadership, drive the development and deployment of the system's data and analytics platform, lead strategy and the development of data and analytics products
- Be the system leader of data-driven insights that help support exploitation of strategic and tactical business opportunities, and be the champion for a data-driven, decision-making culture.
- Working with business, identify new kinds, types and sources of data to drive business innovation throughout the system. Define processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new data.
- Lead a team to develop long-term roadmaps for all data and information platforms in the areas of Data Management & Integration, Master Data Management, and Business Intelligence.
- Develop a capability to assure the definition, development and maintenance of system data and information architecture standards and principles; set data architecture standards, methodologies, and requirements to strengthen the network effect of sharing data across the system.
- Displays subject matter expertise and experience with Information Intelligence technologies and their application to clinical and business problems. Develops and implements analytic solutions that enable consistent and reliable customer-facing functionality that advances RWJBH's strategic initiatives and overall offerings.
- In depth knowledge of industry standards including UNSPSC and GS1 and how to implement and deploy standards across multiple disparate systems.
- In depth understanding of Supply Chain processes and systems and how data and analytics is used as a catalyst to drive improvement and cost reduction
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred in business administration, computer/data science or related field
- 5+ years of experience with PeopleSoft or other ERP systems
- 5+ years of supply chain or healthcare operations experience
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience in leading cross-functional, analytical and technical teams
- Experience developing system analytics and data management strategies at the senior management level
- Knowledge and experience of the Supply Chain understanding operations and key drivers of success
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Ability to manage, analyze, and synthesize data to deliver insights and knowledge to support organizational decisions
- Skilled in the design, development and validation of data management techniques
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Barnabas Health is New Jersey's largest integrated health care delivery system, providing treatment and services to more than two million patients each year. Throughout Barnabas Health, our dedicated physicians, nurses, and health professionals are committed to providing the highest quality of patient care and health education to the community and region.
Barnabas Health offers a broad depth and breadth of services and is one of the leading health care systems in the nation, receiving widespread recognition for clinical excellence and patient safety. Barnabas Health's network includes seven acute care hospitals, two children's hospitals, a behavioral health center, including a statewide behavioral health network, ambulatory care facilities, geriatric centers, specialized women's health services, and comprehensive home care and hospice services. Our 5,200 doctors and 21,000 employees deliver top quality care to 1.5 million outpatients, 220,000 inpatients, and 540,000 Emergency Department patients, and deliver 20,000 babies each year.
We want our patients and their families to know that they can expect the highest level of care, delivered cost-effectively, wherever they see the name Barnabas Health. Each Barnabas employee contributes to a culture of responsibility, improvement, and quality at every one of our facilities, every day.