Vice President, Public Relations - New York , New York, United States, 10021
The Vice President must be news obsessed, trend focused, always curious, entrepreneurially minded, a lifelong learner, data driven and, above all, possess an ability to be a strong storyteller and a superb listener. The VP must strive to exceed client expectations on what they thought was possible from a trusted partner, evidenced by feedback and account growth. While developing a high-performing team, someone in this role is also expected to deliver solid communications results (media, social, etc.) across our Financial Services and B2B portfolio of accounts.
- Act as a client lead or for your accounts, providing frequent sound counsel to clients, with a focus on keeping tactical elements on track to ensure account efficiency
- Drive the creation of the client programming and strategy and then own, supervise and execute on it
- Develop and implement creative programs that produce superior results for clients
- Lead and execute significant media relations efforts including press release development, key message documents, pitches, story development, growing and maintaining media relationships, etc.
- Leverage traditional media as well as emerging technologies for PR programming and influencer outreach
- Offer creative and new ideas and thinking to pitch development and design and other elements of your clients' programs
- Write, develop and edit various materials (ie - client media materials, presentations, byline articles, client notes, monthly reports, for the account and ensure they are creative and strategic
- Offer strategic advice about programs and measurement analytics
- Develop strong relationships with clients to be seen as a trusted advisor and extension of their internal teams
- Serve as a leader and supervisor and build a high-performance account team -driving accountability, high levels of responsiveness, top quality work and open communication
- Manage the account financial operations and budget - including staff allocations
- Actively participate in brainstorm and ideation sessions
- Participate as a member of a new business pitch team and identify opportunities for networking
- 7+ years of agency or in-house experience within public relations/communications, with experience working with financial services and B2B clients
- Prior experience leading an account and managing a team of people
- Ability to be a self-starter and interest in operating in an entrepreneurial environment
- Reliable industry relationships with media, influencers, etc.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and organize multiple deadlines across various accounts
- Proven ability to write strategic documents as a clear, concise and persuasive writer
- Critical thinking and strategic problem solving
- A "never quit" attitude and a great sense of humor