Vice President, Global Supply Chain - Libertyville , Illinois, United States, 60048
Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The Vice President, Global Supply Chain has responsibility for leading and coordinating overall AveXis Supply Chain in support of AveXis Technical Operations across the network. Ensures the development and implementation of strategic, tactical, and operational plans for Supply Chain and their seamless cross-functional coordination to meet commercial and clinical requirements, ensure timely supply of gene therapy products and services to markets/patients, and optimize Supply Chain results.
- Responsible for the development of supply chain management strategic, tactical and operational plans and processes in line with AveXis business strategy
- Responsible for alignment between supply and demand for short and long term to deliver best service level at targeted cost
- Responsible for strategy and execution of warehouse and distribution
- Optimization of global inventories to achieve an agreed service level at an acceptable cost
- Lead Divisional S&OP processes to support cross-functional management investment decisions
- Integration of information, physical material and funds flows as part of a global Supply Chain
- Ensure efficient and effective Supply Chain Business Partnering between Commercial Operations and Technical Operations.
- Ensure development and implementation of global IT tools are to support the global business
- Ensure compliance with GMP and regulatory requirements (including record management) and continuous improvement of quality relevant processes within area of responsibility
- Network effectively across Novartis and wider industry forums to identify future opportunities for collaboration, and to Identify and leverage best practices across the function
- Build a high performing organization by ensuring the development, success plans, and availability of talent
- Ensures the integration of all life-cycle elements along entire value chain (particularly launches including new dosage forms, site transfers, production changes, divestment and pruning).
- Monitors and sustains global inventory, targets and distribution along the value chain including strategic stocks for business continuity. Ensures supply risk management and mitigation plans are in place for identified brands in accordance with Global BC plans and in alignment with global, regional and local stakeholders
- Monitors supply performance and issues; ensures efficient bottleneck or supply crisis management and facilitates supply allocation in collaboration with the Suppliers and ComOps.
- Responsible for governing the Supply Chain activity portfolio at their sites by supporting the teams in the definition and execution of the Supply Chain strategies, initiatives, prioritizing and resourcing appropriately, leveraging the Platform Network expertise and capabilities
- Responsible for implementation of, compliance to and governance of practices specifically prescribed to this role by the Novartis Manufacturing Manual within the Network
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or related field
- At least 15 years of experience in managerial capacity in Supply Chain or Head of Supply Unit (Pharmaceuticals, Biopharmacetical or Biotechnology).
- Demonstrated experience in Global markets
- Excellent knowledge of Supply Chain business processes within pharmaceutical manufacturing operations, with exposure to both commercial and production
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation development skills. Intercultural experience and ability to act in a complex and rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to facilitate conversations and drive towards decisions. Ability to influence
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- High performing, credible professional, with a track record of successfully managing projects and achieving results in line with strategic direction.
- Knowledge of production, quality and regulatory requirements within the pharmaceutical industry and current expectations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.