VP of Supply Chain & Business Services - Parsippany , New Jersey, United States, 07054
This position is responsible for supply chain management, logistics, customer service, process management, and quality management in Region Americas (RAM) and is a participating member of the Regional Management Team. Located in the North American Headquarters in Parsippany, NJ, this role will report to the Regional President, with matrix reporting to the Roehm Head of Global Supply Chain at our Global Headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany.
To be considered a top candidate for this role, you will be an authority when it comes to executive-level functions of global supply chain and logistics. This is an area you will have had extensive experience with in the past in addition to exemplary customer service. You will also come with a passion for leading and developing others to create a best-in-class team!
- Develop, implement, and manage the regional strategic goals for the SCB group, ensuring all SCB related goals and objectives in RAM are met.
- Oversee all critical contract negotiations affecting the region.
- Lead supply chain, logistics, and customer service to fulfill customer needs according to market strategy. Directing, motivating, and developing regional staff to help drive business.
- Coordinate and lead business processes for the Verbund in the region, and ensure highly efficient, automated processes in alignment with global structure. This would include developing and tracking critical metrics for continuous improvement.
- Lead SCB digitalization initiative - driving local implementation and/or aligning with global processes.
- Direct regional and global medical MC supply chain processes (e.g. SOP, demand planning, inventory management) to ensure secured and cost-efficient supply for customers, including import/export activities and SWAP agreements.
- Develop and manage a regional quality improvement system ensuring compliance with management systems, legal and market requirements.
- Communicate to and align with global functions on all SCB related topics including input into global projects and initiatives and implement the results in the region.
- Represent senior leadership in important interactions with local authorities, trade organizations, key customer accounts, and key suppliers.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with local laws and regulations in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure local employees follow the Code of Conduct and complete all vital training.
- Analyze data, organize information, and prepare reports/documents, as required by the regional organization.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree or greater preferred in the fields of Business Admin, logistics, supply chain, engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of ten years of related experience including a minimum of five years of people leadership experience which must include knowledge of distribution, warehousing, and inventory control.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and planning systems implementation and integration.
- Knowledge of developing and optimizing business processes, statistical forecasting, business support systems such as SAP, and inventory management systems.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking to support end-to-end supply chain management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint).
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills to lead a diverse and geographically dispersed team; develop, enable, and motivate employees to build and sustain an innovative and robust organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven track record to interact with the most senior level contacts of major external organizations; cross-functional and cross-cultural collaboration required.
- Strong change management skills and the ability to develop an organization that can move quickly to take advantage of new opportunities and strategies in line with the global BL.
- Proficiency in collaboration and delegation of duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as, the ability to follow through and complete tasks with little supervision.
- Must be self-motivated and work independently with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to solve problems quickly.
- Must treat confidential information in an appropriate manner with a high level of integrity.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, up to 30%.