VP of Distribution Strategy Operations & Shared Services - Dover, New Hampshire, United States, 03821
The Vice President will provide senior strategic leadership to the functional areas as assigned. They will provide senior strategic leadership to all of learning & professional development for Group Protection (GP). The VP develops and ensures GP Distribution business plans are consistent with both IS/RS and LFG's short/long term financial objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with executive/senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Leads the identification, development, and implementation of strategic process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, business unit, and/or the organization for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Leads, establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to achieve key business results for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Guides and evaluates departmental performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides thought leadership and functional expertise to internal/external stakeholders for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Contributes to business unit/operational and enterprise strategy creation for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds organizational capability within his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads/executes approved strategy for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops, implements, & oversees large, medium, & small-scale technical projects which support GP strategies & initiatives.
- Ensures optimal territory management by developing strategies and tools to determine sales representative's aptitude, effectiveness and capacity and assigning sales representatives to territories accordingly.
- Ensures the Distribution Strategy and Operations' functional areas are meeting all objectives pertaining to quality, compliance, regulations, productivity, customer service, budget, and project management.
- Ensures Distribution Strategy and Operations' business plans are aligned with LFG's overall business plans and specific strategic initiatives.
- Directs the development of business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis for all initiatives while obtaining executive management acceptance for these initiatives.
- Identifies process inefficiencies and cost reductions to promote and support a continuous improvement philosophy and service culture for their area(s).
- Builds and maintains key relationships with internal and external business partners and key stakeholders.
- Contributes to the strategy development of the Distribution Strategy and Operations' areas within GP.
- Develops the departmental budget for their area(s); manages these budgets within expense goals.
- Leads the effective communication and reporting of benchmarks and performance metrics to executive leadership.
- Directs the Distribution Strategy and Operations' organizational goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
- Establishes benchmarks & performance metrics to track strategic business initiatives & sales strategies
- Leads the development & maintenance of an effective GP Talent Management & Sales Development function
- Leads quality assurance and business improvement processes for Group Protection Distribution
- Leads learning & development opportunities across Distribution Operations
Additional Position Responsibilities
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) - Minimum Required
- 12+ Years of progressively more responsible experience in the Group Protection market, group insurance sales and/or insurance industry with responsibility for leading a significant line of business (Required)
- 5+ Years of senior management, strategy, and influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience. (Required)