VP Marketing Strategy - New York , New York, United States, 10001
- Develop and implement marketing plans based on research and insights to achieve business goals around specific initiatives such as preseason build up, season launch, ticket sales, merchandise, playoffs, and youth programs .
- Develop brand guidelines for the team and ensure we have a bank of approved assets that can be used throughout the business. Empower other teams to co-own the brand and provide the support where needed.
- Ensure that the team brands are delivered consistently and to a high standard at every touchpoint in the consumer journey not just the communication channels. Act as a brand leader across the organization and provide the voice of the consumer at all times.
- Work with the creative, customer data , and media teams to deliver effective direct response marketing campaigns built on firm consumer insights. Establish clear KPI's and monitor performance.
- Oversee the strategy and establish brand voice for all social media channels. Establish clear KPIs and monitor performance.
- Create and agile, innovative, and quick to market approach that enables us to excel at non-traditional, disruptive marketing. Quickly jump on opportunistic/cultural movements to increase relevancy of our team brand.
- Oversee the strategy and fan experience of events and activations such as season opener, theme nights, season ticket member events, ticket sales prospecting events, fan appreciation, playoffs, stunts etc.
- Respond quickly to tactical business needs as they come up such as sales requirements, collateral needs, team events etc.
- Ensure that both the immediate team and wider group working on Rangers marketing are motivated and driving a high level of performance. Foster an innovation culture and ensure everyone has a clear development plan.
- Manage the marketing budget for the Rangers and ensure we comply with financial and legal requirements at all times.
- 7+ years marketing experience, ideally in a sports environment. Experience of a team brand preferred as is a strong understanding of hockey culture.
- Excellent understanding of consumer journey and how to deliver a consistent brand experience.
- Strong track record in digital direct response marketing.
- Creative thinker and ideas person with an ability to create non-traditional, scrappy, disruptive marketing initiatives.
- Full understanding of developing and delivering a marketing plan including consumer insights, positioning, briefing creative and media, developing a communications plan, customer experience and measurement and monitoring.
- Passionately fan focused and able to rally disparate teams around a single vision.
- Ability to articulate and lead in a fast paced, intense and highly-matrixed environment.
- Resiliency and a real can-do attitude.
- At least 3 years management experience with a track record of building and leading agile teams.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple deadlines.
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.