VP HR Business Partner Public Sector - Mc Lean , Virginia, United States, 22107
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for Company's Public Sector business is responsible for providing leadership in developing human resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. To accomplish this, the person in this role will partner with Global HR centers of excellence (CoE), specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, employee communication and compensation.
Job responsibilities include partnering with the Public Sector President and Senior Leadership to develop strategic workforce plans and programs, establishing and implementing HR efforts that support Company's strategic plan, and functioning as a strategic business advisory. Company is in an exciting period of transformation, and the HRBP, Public Sector will play a key role in designing and implementing our future state for one of our largest business units. This position sits on the HR Leadership Team and reports directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic HR executive and thought leader with a minimum of 15-years of experience working in complex, matrixed, global organizations. A bachelor's degree is required, and a master's degree in a related field and/or SPHR is preferred. The ideal candidate will possess a mix of HR and non-HR functional/operational expertise including international experience. Strong commercial background from a best in class Human Resources department is highly preferred as well as some experience working in or with the public sector or business process outsourcing industry.
Some travel (20-30%) may be required, as appropriate, to implement strategic HR initiatives.
- Agility: Must be comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and able to act and react quickly to the needs of the transforming business.
- Leadership: Demonstrated background in talent management and leadership management; as well as have a proven ability to attract and retain outstanding talent and assemble and motivate high performance teams in a matrix organizational structure.
- Strategic: Able to strategically and tactically evaluate and partner to implement sophisticated HR related programs and initiatives, while ensuring alignment to Company's strategy and objectives.
- Relationship-Building: Ability to work with a variety of organizational leaders to build consensus around HR strategy and tactics
- Communication: Superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills as well as proven organizational skills are required.
- Human Resources: Ability to bring immediate credibility to the human resources function through his/her professional qualifications and leadership skills as well as project the highest levels of integrity.
- Partner with Senior Leadership to develop strategic workforce plans and programs that align with Company's overall strategy and transformation objectives.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the 3-year Company strategic plan.
- Function as a strategic business advisor and thought leader to the Public Sector General Management regarding key organizational, transformational and people related issues.
- Working with the General Managers leadership team, establish an overall talent plan including succession for all critical roles. Ensure alignment of the talent plan with the Company strategy and objectives.
- Develop comprehensive selection and retention plans to meet the people needs of strategic goal to invest in our people.
- Implement training and development tools and capabilities required to enable employees to attract and retain our people.
- Provide guidance and direction to the site HR delivery team, as well as participate in required union activity as necessary.
- Provide partnership and guidance to the management team, focusing on talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training and leadership development, as well as compensation.
- Partner with Regional and National Labor Leadership to develop a good working relationship and negotiate labor contracts.