VP Business Strategy & Operations The Undefeated - New York , New York, United States, 10261
The Undefeated (The U) is looking for a Vice President, Business Strategy and Operations to drive revenue and grow the brand as The U expands into a Disney-wide property. The ideal candidate would have deep knowledge and experience across film, television and digital media, and a track record of operating and scaling media businesses. We are looking for someone with a creative spirit and a passion to innovate, a strategic thinker with vision for where The Undefeated can best thrive in the Disney ecosystem and establish a bigger footprint in a crowded media market. The job requires developing monetization strategies to achieve profitability. This person will need to build relationships across the company, including with advertising sales and business development teams, and with potential external partners who can open up new revenue possibilities. This position will report to the SVP/Editor in Chief of The Undefeated and work closely with the editorial leadership team on content monetization opportunities. The ideal candidate will be culturally fluent, and able to translate The Undefeated's mission and content portfolio to any audience. This person should be forward-thinking and keep abreast of trends, competitors, and business challenges in a constantly evolving media environment. The ideal candidate would have knowledge of or expertise in branded content, sponsorships, P&L management, live events, OTT/SVOD, audio, publishing, strategic planning, brand marketing, consumer research and analytics.
- Identify and build new market opportunities, both inside and outside of Company (TWDC) , that drive different lines of business revenue, monetization and growth.
- Develop broad-ranging analysis and presentations to succinctly summarize/analyze key initiatives at existing businesses, and efforts of expansion to new sectors/ventures of interest
- Develops The Undefeated business model and implements the Operation's Strategy to support its scale and growth.
- Utilize data provided by our research and audience development teams to evaluate partnership and revenue opportunities. Lead and manage relationships with cross-functional teams to expand brand and consumer awareness (Marketing, Research), and execute strategic and operational initiatives(Finance, Business Affairs and Sales)
- Identify and build strong relationships with external companies whose brand identity and content align with The Undefeated's. Create business initiatives and revenue-driving partnerships
- Assist and advise the SVP, Editor-in-Chief in developing and managing short-and long-term strategic objectives that advance The Undefeated's business priorities and opportunities across the broader Walt Disney Company
- Become an essential brand advocate, providing thought leadership, inspiration, and best practices in brand strategy that contribute to the success of The Undefeated.
- A minimum of 10 years of extensive business development experience
- Demonstrated success in building brand identity
- Proven track record of conceptualizing, establishing and building new businesses
- Proven ability to manage operational excellence, including P &L management
- Strong business and financial acumen, and superior analytical and writing skills
- Strong understanding of the content and culture of "The Undefeated" brand.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with other content platforms, Disney segments and external partners
- Demonstrated success building relationships between key stakeholders both within and outside organization
- Strong, polished and confident communicator to sell vision and excitement of The Undefeated
- Demonstrated success in driving increased revenue year over year on multiple media platforms.
- Accountable for revenue profitability goals.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- MBA or other advanced degree