VP, Consumer Insights, Strategy & Research - New York , New York, United States, 10001
The NFL Global Marketing Strategy and Sciences (MS&S) team sits at the center of NFL's marketing organization driving the overall marketing strategy, planning, budget and measurement efforts to support the strategic priorities and business objectives of the league. This newly defined organization leverages research and insights to look across market trends, audiences, platforms, media mixes and channels in order to develop comprehensive marketing strategies, media budgets, and performance-marketing tools and dashboards to drive business results. These efforts will span fan acquisition and engagement and will dive deep into key league-wide initiatives that transcend audiences, platforms, media channels and geographies to drive results. We are a passionate team working hard to build the right strategies in order to connect fans around the world with greatest game ever played.
We are currently seeking a Vice President, Consumer Insights, Strategy and Research to join our Marketing team. Reporting into the SVP, Global Marketing Strategy and Sciences, the VP, Consumer Insights, Strategy and Research will lead a team of research professionals to provide important insights and expertise to NFL leaders and help grow fan acquisition and engagement for the league globally. The VP, Consumer Insights, Strategy and Research will develop, synthesize, perform, and leverage qualitative and quantitative research and analytics and other sources of insights to guide the league and its strategic priorities and business objectives forward. She/He will have deep research and insights experience in sports, media and/or entertainment industries and will be highly successful at taking highly complex data sets, wide-ranging business opportunities, and diverse audience segments, and breaking them down in a simple and powerful way that business partners can understand to drive meaningful results. And all done with a passion toward football! This position can be based in NYC or LA. Prefer NYC.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand, track and provide feedback to the organization and provide a holistic understanding of the sports, football, and league trends and audiences in close partnership with Data and Analytics.
- Develop next generation consumer segmentation efforts in order to identify, engage and acquire the next generation of football and league fans.
- Have a special understanding of the youth market (Gen Y and Gen Z) and be able to help drive research and insights efforts enabling the league to connect and grow with this audience.
- Turn business issues into the right research questions. Pursue and guide the best research approach including qualitative and quantitative consumer insights programs that will create excellent, impactful insights that develop and move strategy forward and empower decision making.
- Lead market and brand research, strategic insights and analytics, and ad effectiveness teams to perform research through proprietary and vendor partner tools; own data strategy and analysis planning.
- Develop deep understanding of the many ways the league connects with fans through game and event experiences as well as viewing habits and behaviors cross platforms and media partners in order to help drive the right research efforts and actively participate in executive meetings.
- Bring research findings to life in creative ways and communicate insights.
- Be an expert in the industry supporting Sponsorship, Business Development and Partner teams by presenting alongside teams and through speaking engagements.
- Take a broad view of the external competitive landscape to develop thought leadership for the future growth of sports, football and the league.
- Lead the operational performance of the Research and Insights team; manage, train, and inspire team members and their direct reports.
- Deep experience (15+ years) in data and analytics, market research, insights creation, strategy development, or consultancy with some of that experience including leading a team and managing the work of others.
- Demonstrated ability to execute/project manage large-scale research projects from beginning to completion.
- Knowledge and proficiency with custom and syndicated media measurement tools as well as brand and communications assessment methodologies.
- Understanding of the media landscape (linear, digital, mobile) and how content is delivered and consumed.
- Broad understanding of the sports industry and its relationship to diverse audience segments.
- Fanatic for quality and delivering results; ability to contribute both strategically and tactically.
- Previous management experience; ability to lead and train a team, exemplary at team-building.
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and experience developing audience or consumer-based research including fieldwork and survey design.
- Fluency in third-party data sources and POV on data integrity and validity of sources.
- Experience communicating, both written and verbally, to diverse and senior executive audiences; ability to deliver compelling presentations.
- Experience and comfort working in a dynamic business environment where quick decision making is crucial.
- A successful track record as a researcher with command of television, digital, social media and intellectual curiosity
- Passion for sport and football
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree preferred