VP, AARPx Change Capability and Metrics - Washington, United States,
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world's largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP.
Integrated Communications and Marketing (ICM) is a multimedia, service-focused communications and marketing operation that leads in shaping the impression of AARP by providing communications planning, marketing, support and execution for AARP's strategic business units.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of AARP Experience, the Vice President of AARPx Change Capability & Metrics will lead a team to develop and implement the AARP experience (AARPx) vision by defining the principles and strategies that will allow AARP to reach top tier status as an experience organization, with fully developed CX competencies. This role will be responsible for maintaining the CX vision and supporting roadmaps that align the organization to AARP's consumer commitment.
This position will be responsible for developing consumer/customer measurements and working across the enterprise to advance those measurements (e.g., NPS, CES and other experience related methodologies). This role will ensure that AARP is applying CX measurement methodologies to understand the health of our overall AARP experience, as well as the experience of specific products, programs and channels. This person will be charged with influencing leaders across the organization so that they not only understand CX measures, but are also managing to those measures in their day-to-day operations.
The VP, AARPx Change Capability & Metrics key responsibilities will include the following:
- Supports the organizational wide adoption of AARP's consumer commitment.
- Develops change management plans and implements those plans to advance the enterprise toward being consumer centric; Develops and manages a change management and communications approach that will ensure cross-enterprise alignment against established experience vision, principles and standards
- Identifies and solves for systemic issues, policies and incentives that are obstacles to customer experience excellence
- Defines enterprise-wide AARPx measurement plan and scorecard, and creates best in class processes to deliver measurable experiences across all touch points. This function will be responsible for measuring the overall impact and determining the efficacy of all AARP Experience improvement initiatives by creating and managing balanced metrics (i.e., traditional KPI's and experience measures)
- Monitors external best practices in CX measurement methodologies to ensure that AARP is continually advancing our capabilities in how to measure perception and consumer sentiment
- BA in business, innovation design, design thinking, prototyping or other related discipline. MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of relative experience, ideally 7+ years of senior professional experience within a customer-focused organization with proven results in improving customer experience across all touch points, business units and technologies.
- Extensive experience in strategy development and an ability to manage processes and platforms to execute strategies.
- Strong understanding of data and technology advancements needed to drive strategic decision making on behalf of customers.
- Experience in advancing experience metrics and methodologies. Gaining adoption of NPS and CES metrics and use at project and enterprise level.
- Experience in various research, analytics and data management methodologies and understanding of how to value and select appropriate technologies to advance member centricity across a complex organization are necessary to be successful in this position.
- The successful candidate must possess strong leadership, collaboration, vendor management, communication, executive presence and presentation skills.
Note: Some Light Travel Required
AARP offers competitive benefits with a 401K, 100% company funded pension plan, health, dental, vision and life insurance, STD/LTD, paid vacation and sick, and other benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.