Transformation Manager-Strategy - Missouri, United States,
Mgr-Strategy - Mission Inspired Transformatn - Full-Time,Day - MOSTL 4600 Headquarters - Remotely Based
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation. As one of the largest non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Our Mission, Vision and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Our national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
In 2018, Ascension adopted our Advanced Strategic Direction, reaffirming our commitment to provide Healthcare That Works, Healthcare That Is Safe, and Healthcare That Leaves No One Behind, for Life, while embracing a Dual Transformation strategy with a new perspective that reflects the rapidly evolving healthcare environment. Our Advanced Strategic Direction provides the transformational strategic agenda that will enable Ascension to continue to deliver on our Mission commitment while ensuring a vibrant, sustainable health ministry for the future.
What You Will Do
As one of the early members of Ascension's newly-formed Transformation Management team, the Transformation Manager will play a key role in establishing and growing this critical team with a System mandate to help transform our current core healthcare delivery system, while also developing new, transformational models for the future. In this role, you will have the ability to make an immediate impact. Your analytical, interpersonal, critical thinking, and leadership skills will be called upon from day one. You'll be in the thick of the action for Ascension as you work side-by-side daily with senior leaders hand-picked to lead our transformational journey. The Transformation Manager will serve as the central point of coordination for cross-functional Design Teams tasked with defining transformation opportunities, designing prototypes, piloting solutions and implementing validated opportunities to reimagine the future of our ministry consistent with our Advanced Strategic Direction and commitment to Dual Transformation. This work will require an agile, proactive individual with strong executive presence, presentation creation and delivery skills, and the ability to make connections across functions and levels of seniority. The Transformation Manager will report to Ascension's Vice President of Transformation Management, with exposure to and engagement with senior level executives across the organization. In this role, you will have the ability to work remotely with understood accessibility to a major airport for required travel.
The Transformation Manager will serve as the central point of coordination for cross-functional Design Teams tasked with defining transformation opportunities, designing prototypes, piloting solutions and implementing validated opportunities to reimagine the future of our ministry consistent with our Advanced Strategic Direction and commitment to Dual Transformation
- Translate identified strategic opportunities into an agile backlog of initiatives and tasks that can be rapidly advanced through bi-weekly sprints
- Identify issues, develop hypotheses and deliver analysis - identifying and translating complex data sets into meaningful insights and presenting recommendations to key decision makers
- Perform primary and secondary research, support business case creation, Minimally Viable Product (MVP) design and pilot development and implementation
- Analyze industry trends, consumer needs, competitive dynamics, and internal performance
- Design and manage deliverable content for executive leadership
- Utilize project management skillset to assist in agile sprint planning, set meeting agendas and prepare materials for working sessions, track progress against agreed-upon timelines, deliverables, and expectations, and maintain virtual sprint boards
- Be a mentor to junior team members
What You Will Need
- Education: Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in management consulting, internal corporate strategy, a start-up, finance, or other business environment where analytical and critical thinking skills are transferable is required
- 2+ years of people and project management experience
- Healthcare experience preferred
- A self-starter who demonstrates a high level of independent judgment and individual initiative
- Superior conceptual, analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to draw insights from complex datasets to inform decision making
- A detail-oriented and highly-organized structured thinker who possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, complex work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and team-building skills with executive presence and the ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Experience working in agile methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively (written & verbal) in an organized and knowledgeable manner
- Experience in conducting secondary and/or primary research, understanding competitive positioning, analyzing trends, and building business cases to support value creation
- Advanced Microsoft Office expertise (including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Demonstrated project management skills with an emphasis on integrating multiple work outputs into a unified deliverable and executive narrative
- Ability to travel 25+% to perform essential duties of the job
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)