Transformation Consultant-Strategy - Missouri, United States,
Transformation Consultant-Strategy - Mission Inspired Transformatn - Full-Time,Day - MOSTL 4600 Headquarters - Remotely Located
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the largest non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Our Mission, Vision and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Our national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
In 2018, Ascension adopted our Advanced Strategic Direction, reaffirming our commitment to provide Healthcare That Works, Healthcare That Is Safe, and Healthcare That Leaves No One Behind, for Life, while embracing a Dual Transformation strategy with a new perspective that reflects the rapidly evolving healthcare environment. Our Advanced Strategic Direction provides the transformational strategic agenda that will enable Ascension to continue to deliver on our Mission commitment while ensuring a vibrant, sustainable health ministry for the future.
What You Will Do
As one of the early members of Ascension's newly-formed Transformation Management team, the Transformation Consultant will play a key role in establishing and growing this critical team with a System mandate to help transform our current core healthcare delivery system, while also developing new, transformational models for the future. In this role, you will have the ability to make an immediate impact. Your analytical, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills will be called upon from day one. You'll be in the thick of the action for Ascension as you work side-by-side daily with senior leaders hand-picked to lead our transformational journey. The Transformation Consultant will serve in an important supporting role to the managers and directors helping coordinate cross-functional Design Teams tasked with defining transformation opportunities, designing prototypes, piloting solutions and implementing validated opportunities to reimagine the future of our ministry consistent with our Advanced Strategic Direction and commitment to Dual Transformation. This work will require an agile, proactive individual with analytical capabilities, presentation creation and delivery skills, and the ability to draw insights from large complex datasets. The Transformation Consultant will report to Ascension's Vice President of Transformation Management, with exposure to senior level executives across the organization. In this role, you will have the ability to work remotely with understood accessibility to a major airport for required travel
As a Transformation Consultant, your analytical, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills will be called upon from day one. You will be working alongside a team pursuing transformational opportunities that will shape and drive the overall strategy of Ascension consistent with our Advanced Strategic Direction and commitment to Dual Transformation.
- Partner with and support Transformation Directors and Managers working in an agile manner to support Design Teams tasked with developing transformational opportunities
- Aggregate, clean, consolidate and analyze complex data sets across multiple sources and develop key insights
- Develop complex analytical models that provide insight and drive decision making
- Identify and analyze research articles, secondary data, and industry reports
- Create profiles of competitors / model companies, technologies, processes, etc.
- Create required PowerPoint presentations
- Support key deliverables for business case, Minimally Viable Product (MVP) or solution development
- Assist with Design Team project management on an as needed basis
- Education: Bachelor's degree required with a focus in business preferred; MBA preferred
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience in consulting, finance, or other similar experience where analytical and critical thinking skills are transferable.
- Health care experience a plus.
- A detail-oriented and highly-organized structured thinker who possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, complex work environment
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to draw insights from complex datasets to inform decision making; proficient in financial modeling
- A solid team player who is also an independent thinker
- Must be deadline driven, organized and able to multi-task
- Advanced Microsoft Office expertise (including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Ability to travel 25+% to perform essential duties of the job
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)