Transaction Advisory Services Senior Associate - Tampa , Florida, United States, 33646
CBIZ is ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. ?With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals in our Financial Services division, we serve the country?s growing mid-market public and private businesses. ?MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
Beginning with the recent acquisitions of CMF Associates and Laurus Transaction Advisors, CBIZ is building?a?preeminent national?private equity focused?advisory firm and we?re looking for?motivated and entrepreneurially?minded transaction advisory professionals interested in advancing in their careers.?Our?service offering to private equity is broad and second to none?and?we?re?looking for experienced transaction advisory services professionals who want to be a part of a growing national practice that promotes and compensates on the basis of that individuals? ability and talent. Our team is comprised of experienced CPAs primarily from Big 4 backgrounds?committed to serving?middle-market private equity?firms.? If you like the fine details of mergers and acquisitions, consider CBIZ TAS.? We are seeking an experienced professional to contribute to the continued growth and development of our client-centric firm.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Participate in buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements.
- Perform financial due diligence related middle market companies and private equity investors.
- Aggregate, manipulate, and analyze target company data to identify historical and projected financial and operating trends, quality of earnings and working capital considerations, and potential liabilities and risks impacting the target company.
- Write detailed reports to present diligence findings to clients.
- Advise clients on how to maximize opportunities and minimize risks related to mergers and acquisitions and provide recommendations in the context of valuation and deal structuring alternatives.
- Contribute significantly to the development and training of junior staff members.
- Develop and propose creative solutions to engagement and transaction risks and effectively manage problem resolution.
- Interface with senior executives of clients and target companies.
- Display the ability to manage and prioritize team responsibilities, and proactively consult with Managers, Directors and Partners.
- Work on multiple projects of varying size and complexity.
- Play an integral role in developing relationships with current and prospective clients, identify market opportunities and articulate our value proposition.
- A minimum of 3-4 years of applicable work experience including experience in one of the following (preferably with a Big 4 public accounting firm or other top ten national firm): financial audit, transaction advisory services, investment banking, financial consulting or other M&A experience.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and strong working knowledge of other MS Office applications, specifically PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced and unconventional work environment is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Possess an uncommon drive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bachelor?s degree required; Master?s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 3 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- Licensed CPA/equivalent certification is preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs (