Transaction Advisory Services/Financial Due Diligence Director - Houston, Texas, United States, 77020
BKD's Transaction Services Team provides insight and expertise to clients related to buying and selling a business. Whether working with private equity groups or strategic corporations, BKD's team helps execute the deal. Our services encompass the development and execution of an appropriate transaction structure, including the execution of financial due diligence. Our team works to understand profit drivers and trends, challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters. We leverage a unique approach through Data Analytics to provide insights that traditional diligence may not capture.
The Director may:
* Lead, supervise, recruit and train team members providing transaction services to clients.
* Analyze financial and operational results of target companies using accounting information and interviews with management.
* Prepare and evaluate pro forma financial information.
* Write and/or review detailed reports regarding due diligence and financial analysis.
* Identify diligence issues which may affect purchase price, deal structure or deal termination.
* Research industry standards and trends, target companies or other information affecting the acquisition for incorporation in diligence communications.
* Recommend post-acquisition actions to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements.
* Evaluate effects of seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements.
* Work closely with client executives, attorneys, investment bankers, private equity investors or other stakeholders.
* Manage and strengthen relationships with current and prospective clients of the firm.
* Actively pursue new clients for the transaction services team.
* Strong current knowledge in U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), mergers and acquisitions and transaction services
* In depth analytical / problem solving skills
* Experience with current audit and accounting concepts
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to develop and manage team members
* Experience with full cost and successful efforts accounting for oil and gas properties
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
* Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
Required Experience :
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related area required
* 10+ years of accounting experience, including at least two years of financial due diligence required
* 2+ years of upstream oil & gas experience required
* CPA license strongly preferred
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter-both in the marketplace and in our offices. We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
See what we offer new hires in terms of competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,650 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.