Transaction Advisory Services Director - Colorado City , Colorado, United States, 81019
.* THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED ANYWHERE IN THE US.*
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2019 Americas Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2019 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2019 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ is ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 3,000 professionals in our Financial Services division, we serve the country's growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services, while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
Beginning with the recent acquisitions of CMF Associates and Laurus Transaction Advisors, CBIZ is building a preeminent national private equity focused advisory firm and we're looking for motivated and entrepreneurially minded transaction advisory professionals interested in advancing in their careers. Our service offering to private equity is broad and second to none and we're looking for experienced transaction advisory services professionals who want to be a part of a growing national practice that promotes and compensates on the basis of that individuals' ability and talent. Our team is comprised of experienced CPAs primarily from Big 4 backgrounds committed to serving middle-market private equity firms. If you like the fine details of mergers and acquisitions, consider CBIZ TAS. We are seeking an experienced professional to contribute to the continued growth and development of our client-centric firm.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Lead buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements, providing financial due diligence assistance to middle market companies and private equity investors.
- Write detailed reports and perform complex analyses, including the analysis of cash flows, quality of assets and earnings, working capital, potential liabilities and risks, and the impact of findings on the purchase price of the target organization.
- Advise clients on how to maximize opportunities and minimize risks related to mergers and acquisitions and provide recommendations in the context of valuation and deal structuring alternatives.
- Responsible for engagement management, including preparing and presenting accounting findings and concepts.
- Develop and propose creative solutions to engagement and transaction risks and effectively manage problem resolution.
- Contribute significantly to the development and training of junior staff members.
- Possess the ability to review and critique project databooks and reports prepared by engagement team members.
- Display the ability to manage and prioritize team responsibilities, and proactively consult with Directors and Partners.
- Work on multiple projects of varying size and complexity.
- Play an integral role in developing relationships with current and prospective clients, identify market opportunities and articulate our value proposition.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of applicable work experience including experience in one of the following (preferably with a Big 4 public accounting firm or other top ten national firm): financial audit, transaction advisory services, investment banking, financial consulting or other M&A experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the transaction advisory services practice of a Big 4 firm or other top ten national firm and at least 2 years in the role of Manager within a transaction advisory services practice.
- Extensive experience in project management including planning, organizing, coordinating, and managing staff, clients, and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and strong working knowledge of other MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced and unconventional work environment is essential.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Consistently display leadership capabilities.
- Possess an uncommon drive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- 8 years of experience in public accounting or related field
- 6 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Licensed CPA/equivalent certification is preferred
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs (