Transaction Advisory Manager - Atlanta, Georgia, United States, 30326
Come join the team at Windham Brannon, one of Atlanta's top public accounting firms. Offering a competitive benefits package that includes five weeks of PTO, a 401k plan with company matching, and many bonus opportunities, WB is committed to creating exceptional outcomes for our people. As a client and people-focused firm, we pride ourselves on our family-friendly culture and work-life balance.
Due to our rapid growth and success in providing financial due diligence services to both strategic and financial buyers, we currently have a career opportunity for a Manager in our Transaction Advisory Services. Join a team of dedicated transaction specialists that advise private equity funds, middle market companies and large corporations with middle market transactions. Apply your tax, accounting and financial expertise to guide clients through every stage of the transaction lifecycle, from pre-transaction strategy through post-transaction value realization.
You will work with clients across the nation and internationally in industries including manufacturing, distribution, technology, professional services and health care. The successful candidate will work on both buy and sell-side M&A transactions and is the ideal role for a someone working in a nationally recognized transaction advisory services firm who wants to broaden their industry exposure.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Plan, execute, direct and complete financial/accounting due diligence for private equity and strategic buyers and sellers from a variety of industries.
- Develop relationships with clients and engage in effective interactions with target company executives
- Compiling and analyzing historical financial data/financial statements provided by buyer and/or seller as well as conducting interviews with buyer or seller
- Preparing reports on the quality of the client or selling company earnings (Quality of Earnings/normalized EBITDA) by highlighting significant business profitability trends and overly aggressive accounting policies
- Supervise staff of professionals from different experience backgrounds and provide performance review feedback
- Assist Partners on proposals and new business opportunities by drafting responses, participating in the proposal process, building client relationships, demonstrating knowledge of client business and communicating directly with the buyer and seller.
- Manage client expectations concerning project deliverables and deadlines and lead change efforts effectively.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships and cross-sell services.
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Strong current knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, transaction advisory services or mergers and acquisitions.
- Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills
- Continuously fostering relationships with coworkers (through all services lines of Windham Brannon) and clients (both strategics and private equity)
- Participating in a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Education and years of experience targeted include:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance
- MBA in Finance or equivalent
- CPA certification a plus
- Experience within a nationally recognized Transaction Advisory Practice
- Ability to travel 30% - 40% of the time
In addition, the skills needed include:
- Strong technical accounting skills, with detailed knowledge of GAAP
- Advanced analytical and issue resolution intelligence. Problem solving is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as report writing is required to serve TAS clients.
- The ability to conduct detailed analysis (using external information) on products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities.
- Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Proficient with PC environments and related software, including Microsoft Office applications. Especially advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Proficient use and analysis of computer models and development of dynamic spreadsheet applications.
- A strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance and due diligence findings.
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt in an ever-changing environment to meet client needs
- Prior experience building financial budgets and decision models