Technology Strategy and Architecture Consultant - Arlington , Virginia, United States, 22201
Are you brimming with ideas/solutions that leverage the latest intechnology and want to apply them where they can make the most impact? OurFederal client's mission is essentially our mission in Federal Technology,Strategy & Architecture. IT strategy, Cloud delivery, Business Managementand System Engineering are the capabilities that have material impact on howthe country's mission is served and you can add to the transformation in apositive way.
Are you an innovative technologist who has a passion for solving thecomplex problem with a strategic approach to solutions? The Federal Technology Strategy& Architecture practitioners advise Federal clients in areas ranging fromIT strategy development to full IT transformation, helping realize businessvalue and service excellence from their IT investments. Federal TS&A bringsdeep knowledge and proven experience in Business Technology Strategy, IT Infrastructure,IT Services and Operations, and Enterprise Architecture.
As a TechnologyStrategy and Architecture Consultant you will be part of the team primarilyresponsible for full lifecycle in the areas IT Strategy, Cloud Model Delivery,Compute/Network/Storage Infrastructure and System-based Processes (includingscenario design, flow mapping), defining support procedures and supportingimplementations to include:
* Identify businessrequirements
* Manage thoserequirements as met by an innovative functional design
* Contribute to theprototyping of solutions
* Create the newprocess design
* Test and trainthe support team to deliver our solutions with excellence
Our Federalpractice team is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Our Federal client's mission is as importantas it has ever been. Their mission can become your mission. Carrying outmissions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking, a creative approach,and new collaborations across the public and private sectors. Decisions we maketoday will influence the choices we have tomorrow as the issues facing Federalagencies are more challenging and interconnected than ever. Our TS&A teamdeliver Technology Advisory and Implementation solutions that extract andmaximize business value from IT investments. The work we do encompassesarchitecture, engineering, and operations services for the IT strategy,innovation, operations, and infrastructure required to deliver efficient andeffective platforms fundamental to business success.
As a Cloud Engineer you will lead technical teams to architect,build out and deploy a cloud solution to support enterprise clients. Thiswill require all dimensions of cloud architecture including:
* Architecting application designs using AWSServices or other leading cloud providers
* Building, migrating and testing AWSenvironments and integration with other providers
* Designing end to end application and datasecurity
* Leading application migration projectsincluding optimizing technical reliability and improving application performance
* Integration with on-premise applications,cloud providers or other platforms
* Implementing cost optimized solutions(based on usage, business requirements and budget)
* Ability to architect enterpriseapplications using AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
* Understand cloud security for accessidentify management to security groups
* Understand how to deploy multi-tierapplication across a custom defined Virtual Private Cloud
* Ability to design scalable, secure,reliable and efficient technical cloud ecosystems to support enterpriseapplications
* 10+ years of relevant consulting, industryor technology experience
* Strong problem solving and troubleshootingskills
* Strong communicator
* A decision maker
* Bachelor's degreein computer science, information systems, or other technology-related field
* Active Secret Clearance
* At least one AWS Certification
* One of the following: CISSP or Security+ certification
* Prior consultingexperience, preferably in a Big 4 environment
* Any experiencewith or knowledge of Enterprise Architecture principles and methodologies, withpreference to methodologies relevant to the DoD (DODAF, FEA, FSAM, etc).
* The ability tocontribute to one or more of the following areas: Assessment, design andimplementation of ITSM processes: Incident Management, Problem Management,Change Management, Configuration Management, Release Management, Service LevelManagement, Capacity Management, and Event Management.
* Experienceworking with Servers, Infrastructure, Platform Sizing, Infrastructure CostReduction.
* General knowledgeof storage: Network Storage Capacity Planning, Storage Area Network (SAN)Planning, Architecture and Design.
* Designing,building and/or enhancing cloud solutions based on cloud platform
* Experience indesigning and/or implementing an end to end cloud based business solutions
* Ability to workboth independently and within a team.
* Strong oral andwritten communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MSPowerPoint).
* Strong problemsolving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise maturejudgment.
* An advanceddegree in the area of specialization is preferred.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E19ROSCCONBE105-CBO