Technology Lead Supply Chain Business Partner - S&OP Process & Innovat - Minneapolis , Minnesota, United States, 55401
US Dollar . USD -
Target is one of the world s most recognized brands and one of America s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop in stores or on Target. com we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Network Planning and Global Intelligence means applying business analytics, managing products and designing new capabilities. You might focus on enabling the future transportation operating model, optimizing inventory management, driving topology planning or leveraging deep business insights to propel Target s supply chain. Super-powered first and foremost by our people, and supported by robust process and technology, We are a team of data-focused and curious minds love to analyze data as well as grasp and leverage business intelligence to positively impact Target.
About the Job:
The S&OP; Technology Lead Supply Chain Business Partner will create analytical products, technical solutions to support development and innovation efforts with in the S&OP; Forecasting and Operations team. They will deliver enhanced technological capabilities in an effort to drive better forecast performance. They will perform with high urgency and accountability to deliver new solutions that will elevate the performance of the entire S&OP; team. They will continually learn new technical skills, ensuring that S&OP; s analytical and technical capabilities stay current with the broader environment inside of Target.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Translate S&OP; s supply chain and business problems into impactful analytical / technical solutions.
2. Collaborates and consults with the broader S&OP; team to develop and implement solutions that enable improved forecast accuracy and operational effectiveness.
3. Rapidly prototype & iterate on development of products and capabilities to advance the strategic direction of S&OP.;
4. Create solutions that enable the team to find, automate, analyze, or visualize Target s data.
5. Ensure continuous improvement by responding to feedback, championing process improvement initiatives, continuously learn new technical skills.
6. Provide expertise to link the S&OP; products into broader work with EDABI and TTS in order to create or support production quality solutions when necessary.
7. Provide input to EDABI and TTS teams to inform and influence design of future state supply chain technologies and capabilities (inventory planning, purchasing, automation, transportation, etc).
8. Coach, consult and teach S&OP; team members on technical skill sets, capabilities, and methodologies that can be leveraged to accomplish their objectives. Acts as the subject matter expert on multiple technical categories that the team works in, informing and influencing new approaches to solving problems and how our technical products should be built.
Bachelors in business, math, computer programing and/or engineering
3+ years in Supply chain or core business knowledge foundation (Planning, Merchandising, Distribution, Fulfillment, Logistics)
Experience with statistics / data analysis in SAS, Minitab, R, or other platform
Track record of creating analytical tools and processes to achieve demonstrable business results
Independently owned the full lifecycle of more than 1 significant technical products (from inception, through ideation and development with customers, implementation & management)
Strong ability to effectively translate business needs and challenges into technical solutions/products
Strong critical problem-solving ability & root cause analysis mindset
Experience writing SQL
Knowledge / experience of robust methods for data analysis
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Advanced experience with MS Excel, MS Access, and similar programs (VBA, advanced formulas, non-technical user tool creation)
Experience with Six Sigma or LEAN processes
Experience writing and tuning advanced SQL (Teradata, DB2, Hive, Oracle)
Experience in a well-known analytical programming language (VBA, Python, R, SAS, SPSS, Matlab)
Ability to source data from web API s and other non-RDBMS data sources
Previous experience in statistical program development and deployment
Previous experience with regression methodologies and/or machine learning techniques