Supply Manager - Acrylic Resin Job - Bristol , Pennsylvania, United States, 19007
The Altuglas Supply Chain Organization is responsible for developing and executing an operating plan that will meet the service expectations of the organization at the optimal cost. It is also responsible for developing tools and procedures to optimize the entire supply chain process from forecasting to product delivery. The Resin Supply Manager reports to the Supply Chain Manager and leads a team of three direct reports in additional to providing matrixed support to the Resin Supply Chain plant teams in Bristol, PA and Louisville, KY.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
Supply Chain Review Process
- Provides input and guidance on monthly IBP review.
- Compile an aggregate Supply Plan (volume and inventory) to meet the unconstrained demand plan represented in volume units and dollars of cost.
- Ensures that issues and imbalances which occur during the monthly supply cycle are cross functionally reviewed, resolved or escalated with recommendations and alternatives for closure.
- Identifies, develops and implements process improvement plans to optimize the Supply Management process to meet company objectives for quality, cost, responsiveness and growth. .
- Ensures valid achievable supply plans
- Manages requests for change to supply plan in response to changes in demand or new product plans.
- Liaise with Product Management, Finance, and Demand Management to maintain continuous integrated resolution of issues as they arise, as well as day to day threats and opportunities to the plan.
- Custodian of valid supply plan
- Maintains functional process step performance measures
- Manages supply issues as they arise
- Regular liaison with Demand, Procurement, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain to keep the plans 'current'
- Represents Resin Supply in the IR review as required.
- Oversees the tolling process specific to Resin including raw purchasing, production and logistics operation.
- Provides guidance on new contract management specific to tolling partnerships
- Leads a team responsible for effective load building. Support the selection of warehouse and logistics agents, working in partnership with plant operations.
- Provides process oversight to support inventory specific to consignment opportunities
- Works with corporate logistics group to identify resolution of carrier, logistics and operational issues
- Provide annual inventory audits for accounting.
- Travel required up to 30% of time and includes visits to plant locations in the Americas
- Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
- Participates in HES activities provided by site management and Arkema Inc. (e.g., Behavioral Base Safety, SafeStart, etc.)
- Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
- 8 - 10 years of experience in the chemical industry working in Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- BA or BS degree in Chemistry, Engineering or Supply Chain fields. MBA is desirable.
- Development and execution of production planning and scheduling tools and warehouse distribution networks.
- Experienced in managing complex business challenges.
- Knowledgeable in delivering optimal delivery networks specific to transportation and overall delivery experience.
- Ability to work at a strategic, conceptual level while able to routinely work at the detailed level.
- The demonstrated ability to communicate ideas and concepts to those not attuned to the details of supply chain with the ability to lead change in an organizational structure.
- Capable of working independently while dealing with people at all levels of the organization.
- Effective in negotiation and influencing skills. Able to work with people from various cultures and backgrounds.
- Competent in financial analysis and use of financial related software.
- Understands the business industrial and commercial environment.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in more than 40 countries, 14,000 employees, 80 production facilities and 10 research centers, Arkema generates annual revenue of 8.3 billion and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands. In North America, Arkema, Inc., a subsidiary of Arkema is headquartered in King of Prussia, PA. Arkema Inc. employs 2,400 people and operates 32 facilities in the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.