Supply Chain Tech WHS-Dayshift - Saint Petersburg , Florida, United States, 33701
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 7, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
At All Children's Hospital Johns Hopkins Medicine, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay, our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you'll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of duties in the Central Distribution Department of the hospital. Responsible for the receiving, stocking and distribution of hospital supplies and equipment efficiently, accurately and in accordance with infection control guidelines.
- Receives supplies ensuring cartons and items are free from damage to avoid product returns
- Stocks shelves with items and maintains predetermined inventory levels to ensure proper supply levels
- Distributes equipment, supplies and materials to patient care areas and hospital departments to support our patients' needs
- Reports shortages, damages and other issues to Distribution Supervisor in a timely manner to ensure we are able to get refunds or exchanged goods
- Ensures stored equipment is plugged in and charged and in working order for use as needed
- Ability to perform computerized inventory functions to be able to receive, issue and return goods efficiently; maintains accurate inventory counts
- Processes returned goods from departments and out to vendors to ensure timely credits are received
- Maintains clean and orderly work area, ensuring clean shelves and containers
- Keeps track of expiring stock dates and moves stock accordingly ensuring no expired goods are distributed
- High school diploma/GED
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (must be proficient in English)
- Valid Florida Driver's license with clean record for Warehouse positions only
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
All Children's Hospital provides expert pediatric care for children and families from all across the state of Florida and beyond. Named a top 50 children's hospital by U.S. News & World Report, we provide compassionate, state-of-the-art care for infants, children and teens with some of the most challenging medical problems. We are a 259-bed pediatric hospital.