Supply Chain Sr. Associate - Visibility Lead - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
Supply Chain Visibility Associate is a role responsible for managing business activities related to reporting and visualizations across Global Supply Chain. To drive performance against the Supply Chain Management Review framework, key reports are designed, implemented and managed as a portfolio for insights and decision making. This role plays an integral role in the ownership, day-to-day care and sustainment processes ensuring this suite of visual tools continue to provide digital platforms that provide value to global supply chain decision making.
The individual will be responsible for achieving the following objectives:
- Responsible to support business management processes, light data visualization governance, metrics calculation, and standards for reporting and data visualization tools used across all supply chain organizations at Amgen.
- Instrumental in the tactical planning and execution of Supply Chain Vision to enable and advance End to End Visibility platform towards a transformative supply chain.
- Support development and implementation of strategic reporting tools, metrics and enhance/improve the current Supply Chain reporting structure
- Ensure strong collaborative relationship within Supply Chain SMEs who provide insights on the business
- Responsible for liaising with metrics and business owners on meeting the required data integrity of the key databases for reporting accuracy and analysis
- Own the reporting workstream within the intake process for managing and prioritizing report enhancement requests
Specifically, the role will:
- Design and maintain a variety of dashboard reports used for strategic and operational decision making which may be static or interactive
- Develop, own and manage a registry of issues for resolution, consult with users on inquiries and translate specific requests into enhancements for reporting maturity
- Feed improvement requests into the intake process for standard changes and new report development in the data analytics, visualization, and reporting platforms.
- Work with and educate cross-functional key stakeholders in the organization, including Operations, Information Systems, and Finance, to design the most effective and efficient technical solutions.
- Budget and manage license assignment for technology platforms used for data analytics, visualization, and reporting.
- Support the Supply Chain business process by identifying opportunities and providing key potential technical solutions that will provide automation, support advanced analytics, and insights to support strategic decision making
- Partner with business and technical experts to define processes, procedures and best practices for development, maintenance and enhancement of data analytics, visualization, and reporting.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate continuous improvement by providing technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing solutions that meet user requirements by utilizing Data Analytics, Visualization and Reporting platform
- Drive and co-develop platform strategic roadmap for maturity against Supply Chain visibility journey goals.
- Manage, govern and oversee the calculations, visualization dashboard, and reporting platforms in use.
- Work with Master Data Teams, IS, Finance and Commercial to ensure the integrity of the data flows to and from data analytics, visualization, and reporting platforms.
- Consult with end users to troubleshoot processes and tools
- Provide training and guidance to business users on platform functionalities, visualization dashboard, and report development and management processes.
- Seek updates with the latest data analytics, visualization, and reporting technology through latest releases, user community, and various online training opportunities.
OR Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of Supply Chain or Technical experience OR
OR Associate's degree and 6 years of Supply Chain or Technical experience OR
OR High school diploma/GED and 8 years of Supply Chain or Technical experience OR
- 3-5 years of related experience in International, Pharmaceutical or Supply Chain Environment
- 1-2 years of experience with Data Strategy, Visualization, and Analytics.
- 2+ years of experience designing, modeling and deploying models with widely used supply chain technology and analytics applications such as SAP, Anaplan, Hyperion, Cognos, TM1, Business Objects, Qlik, Tableau, Spotfire.
- Self-starter with high attention to detail, able to work on assigned tasks independently, able to identify and initiate discussions about opportunities for process improvement.
- Experience with relational databases and working with large data structures
- MBA or other supply chain, planning, IS, Analytics, or finance-related Masters degrees.
- Good communications skills with all levels of an organization (written and oral)
- Strong understanding of finance, sales operations and supply chain
- Experience in working in and between business/finance operations and IT
- Ability to translate complex information into comprehensive, concise and high-quality business requirements that resonate with stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills and ability to effectively juggle multiple ongoing projects to meet deadlines
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.