Supply Chain Services Technician - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States, 15221
General Summary: The Supply Chain Services (SCS) Technician is responsible for all vital purchasing functions in the hospital. The Supply Chain Services Technician provides supplies to all areas of the hospital by coordinating inventory and ordering procedures with hospital personnel. The Supply Chain Services Technician is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Has contact with patients in a non-clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in the adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older) populations.
- Assists with the hospital's Capital Equipment Requisition (CER) program, both in terms of finding the best prices on items purchased and in the maintenance of CER records.
- Collects, receives, processes, stores and distributes supplies and equipment used in the care and treatment of patients.
- Verifies receipt of purchased merchandise and ensures the flow of paperwork (invoices, purchase orders and requisitions) from SCS to the Business Office/Accounts Payable.
- Analyzes, evaluates and plans for effective management of supplies, products and equipment so that there will be maximum quality control.
- Receives supply requisitions and ensures that they are properly completed in IOS.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure adequate and appropriate levels of equipment and supplies are maintained.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients or customers served by the department.
- Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
Experience: One to two years experience in a SCS department. Experience in a hospital environment is preferred.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan that encompasses body, mind and soul, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
At LifeCare we understand our greatest asset is our employees and that shows in our commitment to you! We have multi-disciplinary treatment teams directed by highly-trained, committed physicians that include nurses, respiratory therapists, physical medicine specialists, radiologists, pharmacists, dietitians and case managers.
At Lifecare Hospitals we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it.