Supply Chain Senior Manager - Global Supply Chain - Thousand Oaks , California, United States, 91358
- Provide end-to-end global planning oversight for Amgen Commercial and late stage Pipeline products bridging regions and sites to drive supply requirements
- Interface across functions including Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Finance, Regulatory, and Quality at various level of detail, with the ability to summarize and highlight issues to Executive Management
- Drive end-to-end Supply Chain visibility through the leadership of Supply Chain Teams including analysis of global demand trends, defining impact on manufacturing, and recommendation of mitigations to optimize product financials through scrap management and inventory optimization
- Define product variation supply strategies for new launches and post approval changes while ensuring integration and alignment with site, region, and network to enable planning of supply where jurisdictional restrictions may apply
- Lead product level Long Range Strategic Plans and the monthly planning cycle process to ensure Amgen planning systems are implementing approved life cycle management strategies for both pipeline and commercial products
- Share and develop best practices across the Global Supply Chain network through the support of network initiatives to drive improvements in Supply Chain processes, systems, and procedures
- Provide Supply Chain advisement as a core member of one or more Product Delivery Teams (PDTs)
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Supply Chain, Operations or directly related experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Supply Chain, Operations directly or related experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Supply Chain, Operations directly or related experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Supply Chain, Operations or directly related experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Supply Chain, Operations or directly related experience
- Knowledge and experience in the application of advanced planning techniques as it relates to demand and supply planning, financials, and network planning.
- Excellent communication capabilities and must be comfortable and confident dealing with all levels of management within the organization.
- 7 plus years of experience in global pharmaceutical, biotech or similar industry
- Solid understanding of demand/supply planning, Supply Chain principles, and logistics
- Ability to perform system based advanced supply planning and scenario analysis
- Detail oriented with strong business analytical skills and company-wide knowledge
- Process oriented mindset with willingness to call out gaps and seek solutions
- Perseverance and independent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and understanding of COGM, COGS and NPV analyses
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and high personal integrity
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.