Supply Chain Operations Planning Manager - Santa Monica , California, United States, 90401
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Supply Chain Operations Planning Manager. This role will report into the Supply Chain Product Lead. The candidate's responsibility is to work on and execute the transition plan from strategy to operations. This involves collaboration with cross-functional teams not only within Supply Chain, but also other Technical Operations functions, Commercial Operations, Regulatory, IT, and Finance to achieve key operational milestones. In this role, the candidate would coordinate holistic assessment of product lifecycle strategy proposals, drive implementation activities, and help inform the Technical Operations teams of Supply Chain activities with potential product impact. The ideal candidate will have both Supply Chain domain knowledge and project management / process improvement background. Entrepreneurial spirit, critical thinking, communication and collaboration across functions are key to success in this role.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- General Responsibilities:
- Manage the logistics of the Supply Chain Product Operations and Launch Execution teams, ensuring functional participation and activity planning are comprehensive, well-coordinated and feasible for execution, risks are identified, and mitigation plan is in place.
- Ensure that all activities progress according to plan, report progress, and escalate issues to the Supply Chain Product Lead for timely resolution.
- Lead the project management activities of teams on daily basis: schedule and conduct meetings, collect and organize information, follow up on actions, publish meeting minutes, etc.
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders, considering interdependencies, triggers, and deliverables.
- Manage changes to project scope and schedule.
- Develop and maintain collaborative work relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsibilities related to product launch execution:
- Track critical path activities to completion by ensuring ownership and accountability are clear.
- Manage launch execution tracker per country specific requirements.
- Operate the communication mechanism to synchronize execution steps and adjust plan in a timely manner while keeping stakeholders informed.
- Support the completion of a global launch operational business process project by providing project management support and input throughout the project stages.
- Responsibilities related to product operations:
- Connect the dots between product needs and Supply Chain functional activities
- Facilitate Supply Chain strategy in support of the Product Operations strategy
- Coordinate Supply Chain and cross functional plans to achieve Product Operations Teams objectives
- BS/BA degree required, preferably in science / engineering/ business management
- 1-2 year of project management and/or process improvement/operational excellence experience. Lean or any other process improvement certification a plus
- Diverse experience in operations or end-to-end supply chain
- Demonstrated experience in taking part of cross functional teams in a global environment and in a matrix structure
- Technical knowledge of pharma / biopharma product launch and working knowledge of CMC and regulatory requirements are a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Must display strong analytical and problem solving skills; attention to details is required; ability to anticipate variance and risks and develop options
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, self-directed, and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Quick learner of new technology and processes, and ability to translate learning to work plans for improving business and teams performance
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of GMP and working with quality and manufacturing organizations is a plus
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project and similar project management tools, including building complex schedules with logical relationships between successors and predecessors
- Enthusiastic team player
- Patient centric mindset
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit . Sign up to on Twitter at .
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability,genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Kite Pharma Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.