Supply Chain Manager - Dayton, Ohio, United States, 45400
Company offices and position responsibilities are headquartered in Moraine, Ohio.?We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for directing all activities related to:
- Verifying purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; and recommending alternatives.
- Maintain adequate available raw material inventories by verifying stock and scheduling delivery times.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price and obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items.
- Analytical, material resource planning (MRP) and spreadsheet capabilities to manage multiple raw materials and finished products.
- Placing purchase orders with suppliers while monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing and inventory planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities when applicable.
- Accomplishes the purchasing and organization mission by completing related results when needed.
- Manages purchasing agreements with key suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications (knowledge, skills, and abilities) to perform essential functions of the job include:
- Budget expenses
- Supplier reviews
- Organizational skills
- Customer service
- Material resource planning (MRP) systems
- Manufacturing methods and procedures
- Quality standards
- Tool & die
- Metals - including coil, plate, and bar stock preferred
- Stamping press operations
- International sourcing
Minimum 3-5 years of related experience, ideally in steel, manufacturing, and/or assembly-oriented environment with numerous raw material components.?College degree preferred.