Supply Chain Management - Houston, Texas, United States, 77039
We are looking for a Supply Chain Supervisor with emphasis in Purchasing experience. Our client has a great work atmosphere with good opportunity for growth. This person will need to have experience in one or more areas such as cast metal parts, machining, plastic injection molding and/or electromechanical products.
- Develop reliable, global supply base to support New Product Development (NPD) and production environments.
- Manage supplier engagement and delivery as part of the NPD process during the early stages of design and cost analysis.
- Manage the transition of selected sourced materials into the regular production environments to enable the execution of delivery targets.
- Develop & execute commodity strategies to manage the current and future needs of the business.
- Manage global supplier relationships to ensure NPD & production targets are met in relation to cost, quality, delivery and reliability.
- Experience in supplier negotiation, with a diverse global supply base
- Able to define and construct a business case around piece price and tooling
- Able to Identify and analyze problems in depth, and work through logical approaches to determine root cause
- Strong time and project management skills A solution based thinker, who is always open to new methodologies and techniques for improving the efficiency and accuracy of processes.
- Must be willing and able to travel to existing and new suppliers as necessary, domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor's Degree.