Supply Chain Intern Job - Bristol , Pennsylvania, United States, 19007
A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in more than 40 countries, 14,000 employees, 80 production facilities and 8 research centers, Arkema holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.
The Supply Chain Intern will support a specific Business Unit of Arkema, Altuglas International, headquartered in Bristol, PA.
Operational exposure and visibility into the following supply chain areas:
- Inventory, Warehousing
- Tolling Production
- Customer Service
- Analysis of operational and financial data
- Previous internships have included multi-dimensional projects such as Forecasting, Packaging, Warehouse optimization, Equipment maintenance, Production and tolling facility, and Logistics analysis. Projects include detailed analysis, results review, up to potential proposals as a result of these studies. Projects are based on the challenges of each Business Supply chain team which can vary from Business to Business.
- Opportunities for Warehouse improvements may come from, but will not be limited to: finding new warehouse locations, changing the size of storage tanks, leveraging warehouses used by other divisions, leveraging existing plant sites, etc.
- Day to day supply chain activities can include Customer Order Fulfillment, Logistics Execution, Regulatory Compliance, etc.
- The Intern would be provided with SAP training and warehouse visits to local sites.
- Professional presentation to Business Leaders recapping learning's and overall take-a ways at the completion of the internship.
- The unique Supply Chain requirements for the Chemical Industry (i.e. Regulatory).
- Rising Senior - Candidate should have completed most Supply Chain courses or required courses in their major and will be entering or completing senior level coursework. This is not a Masters Level internship. Several internships are available; one of the internships is seeking students with engineering emphasis or coursework (Chemical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering)
- Basic understandings of business supply chain, logistics, procurement, customer service theory.
- Analytical mind plus good working knowledge of Excel functions and PowerPoint presentation. Experience in using Access or creating Excel macros will be a big plus.
- Ability to perform analytical data manipulation, trending, and formulate resultant improvement theories.
- Familiarity with basic data statistical analysis techniques.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- SAP exposure a plus, but not required.
- A high sense of commitment to personal and workplace safety.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in more than 40 countries, 14,000 employees, 80 production facilities and 10 research centers, Arkema generates annual revenue of 8.3 billion and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands. In North America, Arkema, Inc., a subsidiary of Arkema is headquartered in King of Prussia, PA. Arkema Inc. employs 2,400 people and operates 32 facilities in the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.