Supply Chain Associate / Supply Chain Distrib Services - Newington , Connecticut, United States, 06111
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.
Receive, store, maintain, and distribute materials in accordance with departmental procedures to meet customer needs. Responsible for timely receipts and issuances in accordance with department standards. Actively support HHC Culture including lean methodologies and continuous improvement.
- Physical receipt and inspection of incoming orders. Validate order type, quantity, and condition against ERP purchase order, as needed.
- Electronic receipt of purchase orders in ERP. Put away product according to department procedures or deliver to end user as required.
- Maintain system identified inventory levels of supplies for delivery by rotating and reviewing expiration dates. Handle product so that department cycle count metrics are achieved.
- Deliver supplies, as needed, in response to customers' requests.
- Manage clinical departments inventory with the use of modern technologies including but not limited to automated supply cabinets and bar code scanners.
- Prepare, pack, and ship packages using the facilities dedicated shipping partners.
- Maintain a clean, uncluttered area, through orderly storage of supplies to protect personnel and hospital assets.
Experience in a Supply Chain Management role preferred.
Forklift certification required at some HHC facilities
- Ability to use modern inventory management technology.
- Effective interpersonal communication, computer and math skills with the ability to read and write English in a fast paced team environment.
- At some locations forklift and pallet jack licenses might be required.
- May access medication and non-medication storage rooms on the patient units to refill supplies.
- Requires bending, stooping, reaching and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Work as an effective team member to provide quality service to customers by using HHC defined behaviors and lean methodologies.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.