Supply Chain / Supplier Performance Senior Manager - Troy , Ohio, United States, 45373
United States of America
HOH12: Wheels & Brakes - Troy 101 Waco Street, Troy, OH, 45373 USA
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of Collins Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren't satisfied with today's success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement - we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
This position is for a management professional in Supplier Performance. This individual will lead multiple teams with a focus on improving supplier performance and supply chain metric improvement. The individual will work with supplier executive management to establish entry / exit criteria for the performance team and lay the foundation for team success. The person will collaborate with executive management inside Collins and at the supplier to coordinate across sites and functional boundaries to ensure delivery of quality parts occurs per schedule. This will include resolution of risks/obstacles, regardless of origin, with buyers to ensure manufacturing, supply chain, and delivery schedules are in alignment with customer needs. Communication will frequently involve senior management in multiple organizations.
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
* Manages geographically diverse teams
* Leads onsite assessments with buyers, quality, and engineering teams to drive overall supplier improvement.
* Communicate with senior management both internally and externally to provide situational updates and assessments.
* Manages the team to improve supplier performance to Gold standards by leveraging the Supplier Development Playbook and other supplier performance tools and personnel
* Manages the team to improve supplier performance and applies sustainable counter measures and actions in order to facilitate sustained improvement.
* Removes significant barriers to the implementation of CI for suppliers to improve on-time delivery and quality.
* May oversee production readiness assessments for New Product Introduction and rate increases, including capacity confirmation to ensure a timely ramp-up to production volumes
* Oversees monitoring of critical business wide metrics and the coordination of cross-functional work teams to significantly increase effectiveness of supply chain initiatives.
* Collaborates with executive management of key suppliers to initiate appropriate major improvement programs to achieve and sustain high levels of performance.
* Leads the coordination across sites and functional boundaries to identify and resolve organizational risks/obstacles in a pro-active and expeditious manner to ensure manufacturing, supply chain and delivery schedules are in alignment with customer needs.
* Plans, organizes, directs and reports activities and matters relating to supplier performance.
* Manages the team to evaluates supplier performance, management, capacity and production readiness.
* Assesses supplier qualifications including training and certifications.
* Works with the team and supplier to development plans and works in collaboration with the supplier to ensure best performance is achieved.
* Bachelor's Degree with 8+ plus years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Engineering or related discipline
* 5 years in a management role.
* Program / project management skills and experience
* MRP system experience
* Advanced degree
* SAP Experience
* APICS/CPIM certification
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year.
Supply Chain: Supplier Performance
60% (mainly U.S.)
1st Shift (United States of America)
Charlotte, NC; Troy, OH; Cleveland, OH; Fort Worth, TX; Windsor Locks, CT; Los Angeles, CA
Province / Region / State
NC, OH, TX, CT, CA
No. of Openings
Collins Aerospace is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.