Supply Analyst, Global Oil Supply Analytics - New York , New York, United States, 10001
The Role: Supply Analyst, Global Oil Supply Analytics
The Location: New York
The Grade (relevant for internal applicants only): 10
The Team: Platts Analytics is looking for an analyst to join the Global Oil Supply team. The team is responsible for oil supply-side analytics and forecasts for 150 countries globally through 2040. The team models production, maintenance, disruptions, capacity, spare capacity, production quality, and cost of supplies. Team members also contribute to the World Oil Market Forecast report, Spotlights, and Current News and Analysis reports.
The Impact: Platts Analytics analyzes, interprets, forecasts, and writes commentary on global energy market fundamentals and prices. Our customers represent a wide range of activities across the energy industry and, as a result, our analysis is reviewed and challenged from many different perspectives. You will play a key role in supporting Platts Analytics' highly rated services and could also play a role in developing these services into major new growth areas.
What's in it for you: In this role, you will have substantial responsibility in terms of research, modeling, and writing. You will own the analysis and modeling for your own set of countries. You will also contribute to and author your own reports related to oil supply and will have many opportunities to interact with our customers.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain, improve, and build quantitative models in Excel to forecast and analyze oil supply for several countries.
- Research, gather, and analyze information on new and existing projects, drilling activity, decline rates, and planned and unplanned supply outages.
- Assist on research, publications, presentations, and special projects.
- Improve functionality and workflow efficiency of existing models and databases.
- General support of the firm's consulting activities and other deliverables, including across teams.
What we're looking for:
- Two to three years of consulting, investment banking, equity research, energy industry or equivalent professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in economics, statistics, engineering, operations research or a similar field with exposure to applied quantitative analysis and forecasting.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. At ease managing and creating charts, slides, and complex Excel models and using features such as pivot tables, matrix formulas and other advanced Excel functionality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience and familiarity with the oil industry and markets preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of VBA for Excel, Microsoft Access, SQL, and advanced quantitative tools (such as R and Python) are a plus, but not required.
- Successful candidates will possess a strong entrepreneurial spirit, are highly self-directed and motivated, and work well under tight deadlines.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Supply Analyst, Global Oil Supply Analytics