Strategy and Planning Lead for Digital Technology - Jersey City , New Jersey, United States, 07097
As a Strategy and Planning Lead for Digital Technology, you will partner closely with various internal insurance and investment BRMs for budget planning and tracking along with Agency, Service, Marketing, and Investment lines of business to support all aspects of financial, capacity and demand management. This includes all reporting needs from Tech and Business Units along with conducting monthly portfolio reviews. This role primarily aligns the organization around priorities, sequencing of strategic initiatives, budgets, resource capacity and utilization, implementation of strategic resource plans, and financial management as well as building maturity around existing processes. In addition, this role will be responsibility for establishing the digital technology strategy and working with businesses partners to set the multi-year roadmap.
- Leads the creation of the annual IT expense plan for digital technology, which includes budgets and allocation of resource capacity.
- Leads the efforts to create long-term strategic vision of Digital Technology org
- Manages the creation and implementation of a strategic staffing strategy for Digital Tech, which includes the use of internal NYL positions, managed services providers, and external staff augmentation.
- Aggregates Portfolio level performance dashboards on a monthly basis including financials, resource utilization, time reporting, delivery performance, and risk/ issue reporting.
- Works with Head of Digital Tech and Senior Leadership Team to approve additions to staff.
- Works with IT Delivery Leads and Procurement to justify and procure external staff.
- Creates and manages Digital Tech employee location strategy.
- Collaborates with Finance and leadership teams to produce relevant and accurate financial reporting, including budgets, actual spend to date, and forecast.
- Helps create and manage the prioritization of technology investments.
- Works with Business Relationship Managers, Architecture, and IT Finance to manage idea and demand pipeline and to create business case to qualify strategic opportunities for all CRM, Marketing, MyNYL, Abode platforms.
- Works with Program and Project managers to track and report out on program and project performance and benefits realization across the strategic initiative portfolio.
- Business case preparation and benefits realization tracking across the IT portfolio.
- Works with the IT Business Relationship Managers, and their Portfolio Managers, to adopt standard portfolio management processes and time reporting
- Responsible for optimizing resource capacity and utilization across Agency Tech.
- Responsible for creating all digital estimates during all planning and in managing on-going consumption for delivery of projects owned by Digital.
- Support all CBA related activities for all digital projects.
- Support all Audit initiatives as a lead liaison.
- This is a hands-on role to closely manage all digital investment at NYL.
- BS in related field Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance or Business Administration
- 5-10 years management and strategic experience, with experience in budget management, Information Technology especially in Portfolio management area.
- Prior experience at a major financial services provider preferred
- Experience leading geographically distributed teams and scaled Agile delivery model.
- Experience and familiarity with Insurance and Financial Services business systems
- Experience managing multiple projects, including partnerships with external technology partners, simultaneously from design through deployment
Experience working closely with senior executives
- Strategic Planning experience
- Experience in portfolio, program and project management roles working effectively across multiple business and technology teams and functions
- Demonstrated, applied experience in planning and managing complex, multi-year IT programs and projects
- Experience in SDLC, ITIL and application or infrastructure solution development and deployment
- Experience in developing demand management models with variable staffing including onsite/offshore mix
- Experience in developing, measuring and trending ROI against a diverse portfolio of solutions
- Experience working in the Insurance or Financial services sector preferred
- Executive presence with high business IQ
- Strategic thinker with ability to articulate vision and execute well
- Demonstrated success and significant experience in implementing technology and leveraging data to achieve greater business effectiveness and efficiencies
- Strong project and people management skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with managers across the business
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables
- Strong and proven project management expertise
- Well-developed business understanding
- Strong and proven influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment
- Execute with minimal direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly collaborative, team oriented and strong communicator with the ability to make decisions that are in the best interest of the organization
- Leadership skills to influence stakeholders and promote brand
- Ability to enact change quickly
- Ability to act under strong pressure and to manage crisis situations efficiently & effectively
- Ability to develop team members by inspiring, encouraging and providing constructive criticism to help improve performance
- Proficient at driving profitability and ROE measures as well as root cause analysis
Travel: NYC, Jersey City, NJ, Clinton, NJ, and White Plains, NY
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: .
Date: Fri, :00:00 GMT
- provided by Dice