Strategy Mgr, Demand & Supply Management - Beaverton , Oregon, United States, 97005
Every successful team at Nike, Inc. needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike's path forward.
Nike's Strategic Planning's job is to keep us moving in the right direction by establishing a strategic business planning process, authoring our one and three year strategic and business plans, and supporting transformational initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional teams. Our teams are embedded at the global corporate level and throughout our business units. We frame complex and ambiguous issues, conduct consumer, competitive, and market analyses, field research, create financial models, and develop action plans.
Demand and Supply Management's (DSM) mission is to optimize demand & supply to serve consumers, and strengthen profitable growth and inventory. As a Strategy Manager, Demand & Supply Management, you'll work across functions and with senior Nike leadership to develop and implement Nike Brand's global long-term growth plan. You'll work on cross-functional project teams in support of general management to help identify and evaluate critical DSM strategic priorities and/or strategic problems, and to catalyze action against these priorities through strategic and long-range business planning and performance management.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years' work experience in management consulting, corporate strategic planning, corporate development, business development, investment banking or related fields
- In lieu of a degree an additional 2 years of experience is acceptable
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) preferred but not required
- Demonstrated ability to work on cross-functional teams and provide project management support
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial models
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and/or analyze research related to consumers, industries and competitors
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills
- Can-do attitude and history of making things happen autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to guide multiple projects at once
- Previous management consulting experience at a top tier consulting firm is highly preferred
- Experience in strategy development and deployment, process and project management, and executive communication development
- Catalyzing the strategic business planning process, authoring 1-3+ year strategic plans and financial components.
- Excellent interest and experience in planning, manufacturing, and/or operations
- Experience working cross-functionally across the value chain in a global organization
- Successful portfolio of accomplishments in supporting cross-functional strategic initiatives from concept to completion, guiding virtual teams from across the organization