Strategy Manager, Innovation - Beaverton , Oregon, United States, 97005
We are innovators, engineers, scientists, strategists, and makers. We are looking for a unique, passionate team member to join us...someone with both a high IQ and high EQ. You must be a self-starter, flexible thinker, and outstanding communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally and influencing different personalities and perspectives. You will need those skills as you work not only across our Innovation team, but also across multiple functions, living within Nike's matrixed organization.
Strategy professionals serve as critical thought partners to our senior leaders to help strengthen tangible growth; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop achievable action plans to galvanize our teams. Our team is known for acquiring and developing high-octane talent for the company; we're proud of the numerous Strategic Planning alumni who have gone on to leadership roles within Nike's functions and businesses. With top talent and the DNA to catalyze action, the Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike's path forward.
As a Strategy Manager in Nike Innovation, you'll assist in the development and implementation of Innovation's strategy, working with NIKE executives from across the business functions and categories. You'll provide research and analytical support as part of project teams that work cross-functionally to identify and evaluate critical strategic opportunities and catalyze action against those priorities.
- Bachelor's degree, plus a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. In lieu of a degree an additional two years of experience is acceptable.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- At least 3 years' total experience in corporate development, business development, corporate strategic planning, investment banking, management consulting, finance or related fields; or 4 years of total experience in digital consumer, ecommerce, or consumer product brands.
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial models.
- Proven ability to conduct and/or analyze research related to consumers, industries and competitors.
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with presenting and influencing senior leadership.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once, to operate with a high degree of ambiguity and to work with a flexible schedule.
- Strong passion for Nike.