Strategy Director - Kansas City, Missouri, United States, 64126
What you'll do...
At H&R Block, we are in search of people with bold ideas who want to make a difference and help transform the company. When you come and work with us, you are joining a group that is grounded in the spirit of entrepreneurship - nimble, quick, self-starters who are drawn to try new things. We need innovators, creators and achievers like you who are ready to challenge and disrupt an entire industry.
The Strategy Director will play a key role in defining the growth agenda for H&R Block. This highly visible role will report to the Chief Strategy and Development Officer and provide exposure to a wide range of senior business and functional leaders.
As a member of the Strategy and Development team, you will play a key role in defining and executing critical analyses, developing data-driven recommendations and preparing for Executive and Board of Director meetings. As part of the team, you will:
- Be a key contributor, helping solve complex and important business challenges
- Help shape the future of the company by working hand-in-hand with the Chief Strategy & Development Officer and other top-level executives
- Accelerate your career by having a seat at the table for high-level strategy decisions. Successful candidates will have multiple paths available at H&R Block for professional growth
- Have genuine work-life balance
- Develop insights and strategic perspectives on new opportunities: formulate and test hypotheses; develop recommendations for presentation to management
- Help build new businesses at H&R Block. Define the opportunities that we should pursue and then help execute them to bring the ideas to life
- Work on multiple strategy projects at once, sometimes as an individual contributor and sometimes leading cross functional working groups
- In partnership with finance and the data science teams, quickly and efficiently run regular and ad-hoc analysis to support leadership decision making
- Partner with the Chief Strategy and Development Officer to prepare for Board and executive team meetings
- Build deep relationships across the organization and understand problems from diverse perspectives
About H&R Block...
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Advanced communication and presentation skills with an ability to tell a compelling 'story' and effectively communicate with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful insights and conclusions
- High level of comfort with conducting qualitative and quantitative research and seeking out insight when data availability is poor
- Particular experience in designing, executing and interpreting quantitative web surveys would be an added bonus
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities
- A heightened sense of urgency. Ability to use influence skills to rapidly move the organization to achieve key milestones
- Ability to provide recommendations and advice to executive leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative relationship building style; ability to work well with executives and leaders. Humility and empathy are critical to success in this role
What you'll bring to the team...
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) or comparable graduate degree in a quantitative field
- At least 10 years of overall business experience including 2-4 years post-graduate school experience at a top strategy consulting firm
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills