Strategy Consultant 2 - New York , New York, United States, 10261
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as ?Personal Cell? or ?Cellular? in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers? financial needs and help them succeed financially. We?re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you?ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally.?Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital.?We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) delivers a comprehensive suite of banking, capital markets, and advisory solutions, including a full complement of sales, trading, and research capabilities, to corporate, government, and institutional clients. We focus on our clients' overall financial needs, with consideration and respect for their total relationship with Wells Fargo.
This position will serve as Strategy Consultant 2 for CIB Coverage, which provides industry coverage in coordination with partners across Wells Fargo. Our industry-aligned model includes Consumer & Retail, Healthcare, Energy & Power, Financial Institutions, Industrials, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Real Estate, Gaming, Lodging, and Leisure. This Consultant will play a critical role in the implementation of the overall CIB corporate coverage vision and strategy, and the planning and facilitation of supporting initiatives.
This Strategy Consultant will serve as a trusted advisor and extension of the CIB industry Chief Operating Officer (COO) in establishing business and client priorities, partnering with the broader Wells Fargo organization, and running the day-to-day operations of the business. The Strategy Consultant will provide support in managing all internal functions and initiatives supporting the business, including Technology, Compliance, Legal, Corporate Real Estate, Business Continuity, HR, Recruiting, Marketing, and Communications. This includes efforts related to financial and management reporting, client planning, hiring, and operational oversight.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with Chief Operating Officer to implement strategic direction for business and ensure consistent communication to banking teams
- Lead Account Planning execution and ongoing maintenance
- Provide business support to senior bankers and leadership
- Assist with portfolio reviews, management presentations, and ongoing reporting
- Liaise with business leaders for client meetings & events (content and delivery)
- Drive project and process implementation (CRM, data clean-up, use of offshoring)
- Assist with the regular recurring origination meetings
- Provide support in strategic analysis, presentations, and growth initiatives
- Partner with support functions (Finance, HR, Marketing, Reporting & Analytics, etc.) on various objectives
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit?s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
- 3+ years of strategic planning experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the Wholesale Chief Operating Office (COO) organization
- Knowledge and understanding of the Corporate & Investment Banking Chief Operating Office (COO) organization
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills
- Experience in problem analysis, solution implementation, and change management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic planning and execution
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- FINRA registration including Series 63 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- FINRA registration including Series 79 (or FINRA recognized equivalents)
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
NY-New York: 30 Hudson Yards - New York, NY
NC-Charlotte: 550 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CO-Denver: 1700 Lincoln St - Denver, CO
TX-HOU-Downtown: 1000 Louisiana St - Houston, TX
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.