Strategy Business Development Manager - San Francisco , California, United States, 94121
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Business Development, the Manager is responsible for collaborating with a wide range of functional business partners to lead projects that solve business problems and influence senior leadership to advance Athleta's overall brand priorities and long-range growth plans.
The Manager of Strategy and BD will also be responsible for leading the identification, development, and implementation of new growth opportunities across Products, Channels, and Markets through competitive intelligence, as well as business and financial analytics.
We are looking for someone who possesses strong strategic mindset, analytical skills, project management experience, and retail industry knowledge. The candidate selected for this role will be expected to identify issues, form hypotheses, design and conduct analyses, and synthesize conclusions into recommendations to help implement change.
What you'll do
- Drive the development of both annual Brand Priorities and Long-Range Plan (LRP) including identification and prioritization of key initiatives, financial and business case modeling, as well as market and competitive assessment
- Influence the organization's decision making by providing actionable views of market & competitor insights, consumer insights, macro trend insights, and internal performance analysis
- Monitor and report monthly / quarterly competitive positions, and participate in pre-season ideation and planning process as needed to provide competitive insights and ensure successful execution of our overall product strategy
- Initiate ad-hoc analyses to solve business problems, create alternatives, and guide business and investment decisions
- Develop executive-level presentations for key stakeholder conversations, including Board of Directors meetings, leadership meetings, etc.
- Develop and maintain effective cross-functional and cross-divisional relationships; mentor more junior team members to support work planning, hypothesis generation, and structured analysis; cultivate a positive, collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment
Who you are
- Professional background: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred; 4-7+ years of professional work experience, with ideally 2-3 years in management consulting, corporate strategy, business strategy & operations, or investment banking
- Analytical Rigor: Structured and meticulous with strong analytical background and curiosity to peel the layers away for deeper insights
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly and can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
- Financial & Business Acumen: Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions. Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Planning & Process Management: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals. Possess strong organizational and time management skills. Anticipate risks and identifies contingency plans and processes to prevent disruptions
- Collaboration & Influence: Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners to navigate complex situations. Can effectively influence and present ideas that lead others to action
- Systems & Tools Expertise: Expert in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and have the aptitude to learn technical applications quickly and effectively