Strategy Associate - Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02117
Associate, Strategy Consulting Practice
Are you passionate about the education sector? Committed to having an impact on one of the most diverse and largest sectors of the global economy? Interested in working with companies and non-profits, institutions and investors across the K-12, postsecondary and corporate learning markets?
If you answered "yes" to these questions, we are eager to share with you more about Tyton Partners and the work that Strategy Associates are engaged in on a daily basis.
With an exclusive focus on one of the most dynamic global sectors, Tyton Partners works at the intersection of market and mission helping diverse types of organizations make the best decisions to catalyze their growth and investment objectives. Selected recent client engagements include:
- Developing a new market and product growth strategy for a K-12, project-based learning supplemental services provider serving students globally
- Building a go-to-market strategy for an innovative digital curriculum provider serving K-12 district and postsecondary faculty and institutions
- Partnering with a state university system to design and build an investment case for a new online initiative. The recommended model delivered completion pathways for students and employers and was integrated across the heterogenous state institutional system.
- Facilitating development of an enterprise growth strategy for a global postsecondary and workforce development education provider
- Conducting commercial diligence on behalf of financial and strategic investors acquiring
K-12, postsecondary, and corporate training businesses
- Assisting a leading national foundation to understand the evolution of and key gaps within priority market segments to support the development of their grant-making strategies
Tyton Partners offers a unique opportunity for early-career professionals seeking growth and impact through its:
- Complementary investment banking and strategy consulting practices, which provide exposure to market-leading companies, investors, and organizations as well as high-potential emerging businesses and their investors
- Dedicated focus on the global knowledge sector, where our work and insights impact both the mission and market of education
- Entrepreneurial environment, with professional growth trajectory that yields opportunity for meaningful contribution to firm growth and culture
Associates in Tyton Partners' strategy consulting practice work as core members of case teams to support our clients in solving their most pressing growth challenges. As an Associate, you will be actively involved in all key phases of a consulting project, from brainstorming and hypothesis creation, to research and strategy development, through the final delivery of recommendations to our clients. As part of a 3-4 person project team, you will take ownership of discrete research and analytical tasks and collaborate with colleagues to produce market-based insights and strategy recommendations.
In addition to client projects, Associates also take an active role in supporting firm development through activities like recruiting, supporting operating processes, knowledge sharing and attendance at industry events. As an Associate, you will have a mentor within the firm who will offer support and be a resource for your ongoing professional development. This is an ideal position for someone who is eager to build a career in consulting and gain education sector knowledge while working in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
An Associate's primary responsibilities include:
- Identifying key data sources and gathering data through primary and secondary research;
- Maintaining ownership of specific project work streams to build expertise on critical questions in the client's strategy development process;
- Building hypotheses and performing quantitative and qualitative analyses to test hypotheses, including market and competitor landscaping, market sizing, financial analysis, large-scale survey creation and analysis;
- Synthesizing research and analysis and building clear and compelling PowerPoint presentations and research briefs;
- Delivering findings and recommendations in informal and formal settings;
- Contributing to the development of the firm by leveraging internal and external networks, building deep knowledge of sector trends, and developing best practices.
This position is based in Boston, MA.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and unrelenting desire to drive to the best recommendations for clients
- Superior analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to take ownership of multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, with a commitment to excellence and accuracy
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and experience working in teams
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively, both verbally and by presenting data and information in a compelling way
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional attitude, with a high-degree of flexibility, a client-service orientation and a sense of humor
- Willingness to travel up to ~20%
- 2 years of experience in consulting, investment banking, market research, or other analytical role preferred but not required
- Undergraduate degree with strong academic performance
- Interest in the education sector is preferred but not required
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to and reference "Associate Opportunity" in the subject line.