Strategy & Insights Coordinator - Burlington, Vermont, United States, 05401
It doesn't get any better than this-as part of the Burton family, you'll be putting your skills to work at a global brand offering premium goods for snowboarding and active outdoor lifestyles. With a business built on innovation and progression, working at one of Burton's US, international offices or retail shops is an opportunity to test your limits and grow. Whatever the role or location, every position at Burton revolves around inspiring passion, all around the globe.
This is a fast-paced, highly interactive role where you will support the VP - Global Strategy & Insights and teams to help drive and deliver on strategic business goals. This role is focused on overseeing the operational excellence of the Strategy, Insights and Sustainability teams.
What You Get to Do:
- Generate and provide secondary global market research information for business needs. Maintain and compile competitive information on key features and product categories, global markets and competitors. Obtain information from in-store, web research, public company reports, customer interviews and other resources. Must be able to turn data into clear and actionable executive summaries.
- Review past research and current industry reports and pull from existing data to help frame the stories and strategies that will be used across the business.
- Help monitor breakthrough innovation and product innovations in adjacent categories and parallel industries. Help identify product/feature/experience gaps and opportunities across the international product and experience portfolio.
- Coordinate customer insights interview logistics. Create transcripts and prioritized reports from customer insights interviews and survey work. Aid in building global customer panels, programming and managing surveys in Qualtrics. Assist in updating and maintaining the internal insights knowledge portal.
- Help craft critical charts, spreadsheets, communications and presentations to deliver clear, compelling stories.
- Draft materials such as agendas, letters, and other corporate strategy messaging.
- Handle VP calendar to allow for appropriate work time, prioritization of meetings with leaders and groups, including scheduling meetings, coordinating logistics and eliminating agenda conflicts. Assist in prioritizing each day for VP with appropriate details/meetings/critical tasks.
- Help organize and execute meeting notes, important files, VP's email, strategy programs and initiatives.
- Manage internal/external stakeholder interactions in a professional, confident manner.
- Manage complicated projects with shifting priorities and diverse teammates across the company.
- Coordinate occasional domestic and international travel and build organized, detailed trip itineraries.
- Owner of team meetings, reviews and administrative work: agenda preparation, team calendar maintenance, reserving and preparing physical space and catering for meetings, preparation of related meeting materials, and communication/follow-up on summarized action items to each leader and their direct reports.
- Manage and process invoices and budget updates in SAP.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Highly organized and detail-oriented while also being adaptive to a fluid environment when needed.
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure. Must be proactive, flexible and able to shift gears quickly while maintaining a calm and positive demeanor.
- Critical-thinking is a must.
- Must have curiosity and a learner mindset - wanting to constantly help solve new problems and opportunities.
- Able to make decisions with minimal direction and possess a service-oriented mindset.
- Excellent communications skills and cross-group collaboration.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently in the face of ambiguity.
- Enjoy working and connecting with people at all levels of the organization and solving problems in partnership with the Strategy, Insights and Sustainability teams.
- Strong Communication skills. Able to express facts and ideas in writing in a clear, convincing, professional and organized manner; listen effectively, and clarify information as needed.
- Ability to protect and be trusted with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Preferred: Data analytics or statistics background in analyzing and synthesizing complex information.
- Exceptional multi-tasker.
- Possess confidence, poise and professionalism.
- Very strong communication skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Strong Microsoft office skills are required: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Mac proficiency is a must.
- Bachelor's degree. MBA preferred.
- 2-5+ years of relevant work experience.