Strategic Sourcing Spec - eCommerce - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201
- Partner with key business stakeholders to initiate, plan and manage sourcing activities across multiple spend categories from inception through contract execution.
- Guide cross-functional teams through definition of business requirements, sourcing strategy development, contract negotiation and vendor selection.
- Analyze historical spend to proactively identify sourcing and savings opportunities.
- Develop and manage RFx activities in coordination with business partners to drive measurable savings results.
- Build strong knowledge within assigned categories and contribute to the development of category sourcing strategies.
Contract Negotiation and Supplier Management
- Facilitate the contract review process, working closely with business unit managers, Legal, Risk, Accounting and IS to ensure proper review and capture of business and legal terms.
- Manage all related contract documentation and ensure timely upload to contract management system.
- Facilitate ongoing supplier management activities, including business reviews, supplier scorecards and ongoing relationship management
- Build strong working relationships with key business stakeholders in order to further extend the influence and value proposition of the Procurement organization.
- Drive best practices across groups and regions for assigned sourcing activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Technology or related discipline
- 5+ years relevant experience in procurement, sourcing, IT, eComm , or similar supply chain role
- Experience sourcing various IT or eComm categories strongly preferred
- Solid working knowledge of procurement best practices, processes and procedures
- Ability to run sourcing projects focused on the acquisition of goods and services, negotiate pricing and related business terms
- Ability to logically think through and analyze work assignments and problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems and to perform mathematical analysis.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General understanding of accounting practices and procedures
- Software application proficiency including Microsoft Office applications, procurement and contract management systems (Ariba preferred)
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age