Strategic Sourcing Procurement Spec - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201
o Partner with key business stakeholders to initiate, plan and manage sourcing activities across multiple spend categories from inception through contract execution.
o Guide cross-functional teams through definition of business requirements, sourcing strategy development, contract negotiation and vendor selection.
o Analyze historical spend to proactively identify sourcing and savings opportunities.
o Develop and manage RFx activities in coordination with business partners to drive measurable savings results.
o Build strong knowledge within assigned categories and contribute to the development of category sourcing strategies.
Contract Negotiation and Supplier Management
o Facilitate the contract review process, working closely with business unit managers, Legal, Risk, Accounting and IT to ensure proper review and capture of business and legal terms.
o Manage all related contract documentation and ensure timely upload to contract management system.
o Facilitate ongoing supplier management activities, including business reviews, supplier scorecards and ongoing relationship management
o Build strong working relationships with key business stakeholders in order to further extend the influence and value proposition of the Procurement organization.
o Drive best practices across groups and regions for assigned sourcing activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related discipline
- 3-5 years relevant experience in procurement, sourcing or similar supply chain role
- Experience sourcing various IT categories required
- Solid working knowledge of procurement best practices, processes and procedures
- Ability to run sourcing projects focused on the acquisition of goods and services, negotiate pricing and related business terms
- Ability to logically think through and analyze work assignments and problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, solve problems and to perform mathematical analysis.
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- General understanding of accounting practices and procedures
- Software application proficiency including Microsoft Office applications, procurement and contract management systems (Ariba preferred)
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age