Strategic Sourcing Pro Global Procurement (CF) - New Haven , Connecticut, United States, 06501
Strategic Sourcing Pro Global Procurement AP (CF)
New Haven, CT
- 10 years of progressive global procurement experience managing Professional Services & IT spend categories. Consulting background is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of implementing and deploying strategic sourcing platforms
- Advanced knowledge of procurement principles, theories, and processes
- Must be very team-oriented and be able to apply customer service and value-added approach to work across boundaries and borders and influence and lead procurement functional specialists
- Must be a strong relationship builder with a proven track record of establishing and maintaining effective internal and external client relationships
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to build effective and long-standing partnerships across the organization at all levels, particularly with senior management, operating business leaders, and line executives
- Must possess the ability to provide value-added recommendations that will support the long-term growth of the business via process improvements that truly enhance the business; quickly identify hidden values in the business and know how to leverage or unlock it.
- Must be able to make a meaningful contribution to drive results in the organization. Will be well versed in performance management and have the capability to be a strong business partner within the organization. He or she must be able to deep dive into the details of the business while staying focused on the big picture and be able to conceptualize both problems and solutions.
- Must possess the highest professional and personal standards, unquestioned integrity and business ethics. Demonstrated ability and courage of his or her own convictions and adhering to strongly held principles and values and hold others to the same standards. This person must be prepared to define their position on significant issues and drive change when necessary.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, energetic and possess a natural curiosity to learn. They will see this role as an opportunity to understand and appreciate the nuances of the client s global business platform, providing them with the skills to further their career within the client.
BA/BS in Operations, Finance, Business or comparable discipline.
- MBA desirable
- Develops and implements robust global sourcing strategies for the Professional Services & IT spend categories that link to core business deliverables while leveraging the knowledge of the marketplace and supplier community.
- Takes a holistic view of the Global Professional Services & IT to spend and identifies category level demand management, leverage, and LCC opportunities
- Defines and modifies Global Professional Services & IT Sourcing team s value proposition
- Builds high performing engagement models with business units and regions.
- Partners closely with Global Operations, Finance, IT, and Legal to drive value for the client and provides leadership and direction for cross-functional teams.
- Creates breakthrough strategies and purpose fit processes to drive innovation.
- Develops and implements the framework for Post Contract Management and Supplier Relationship Management, ensuring each supplier relationship is established with a bias for continuous improvement.
- Utilizes outstanding project, program, and change management skills to manage and drive change both internally and externally.
- Leverages a deep understanding of the marketplace, competitors, and business requirements in Professional Services & IT spend categories. Anticipates key changes and drivers in those categories and formulates mid-range and long-range plans.
- Actively supports diversity to expand relationships and spend with Diverse Suppliers
- Builds and drives a Total Cost of Ownership culture across the client. Implements Supplier Performance Management with key suppliers to foster innovation manages supplier performance and ensures continuous improvement.
- Lead, coach, and develop the Professional Services & IT Sourcing team members
- Support compliance with key controls, processes, and procedures, as applicable. In addition, provide support and input to finance policies, procedures and SOP s to formalize areas of compliance within the financial framework to support future scalability
- Ability to bring potential internal control and compliance-related matters that may cause risk to the attention of regional and/or corporate finance leaders as deemed appropriate. Also provide support to ensure compliance related to FCPA and local laws/regulations, grants and spend transparency requirements across the organization