Strategic Sourcing Manager - Memphis, Tennessee, United States, 38103
At American Home Shield, we are working to remove friction from the experience of owning and caring for a home. We respond to over four million service requests annually (or one every eight seconds), but our aspiration is to do much more. The Category Managers at American Home Shield are responsible for managing and delivering on the complex sourcing and category management needs and requirements of our business units. They create Category Strategies with their business partners to ensure we deliver on meeting corporate objectives and providing value to our customers.
The Category Manager will provide strategic leadership throughout the entire sourcing process. Project and time management skills will be required as you lead sourcing initiatives and supplier engagements, aligning with the objectives of business unit goals and objectives. A strong work experience leading cross functional teams, managing contract negotiations, establishing cost and/or efficiency savings for the business, creating strong supplier relationships and other key attributes will help drive the successful management of Categories of spend. Excellent communications skills will be key as this position will engage with AHS leadership, multiple site locations, and departments.
- Analysis: Responsible for advanced quantitative analysis to identify financial impacts of decisions and performance for the complex or newly identified categories managed. Perform business process analysis and develop models to improve cost. Collaborate with stakeholders to define SLA's and KPI's for suppliers and measure the appropriate criteria, such as: delivery of business results, cost reduction, quality and timeliness of delivery. Conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories.
- Leadership: Lead cross functional teams through a disciplined sourcing process to support strategic sourcing, supply management and operations objectives. Coordinate with resources in business unit/functional areas such as procurement, legal, operations and other support functions to ensure strategies and agreements are well defined and aligned with company needs and objectives.
- Project Management: Responsible for projects including planning, coordinating with stakeholders, estimating completion, and project updates.
- Contract Management: Responsible for assisting in the authoring of contract documents, including service level exhibits, statements of work, and examples. Management of contracts ensuring performance of the supplier to contract obligations. Understand interrelationships between contracts and terms while applying creativity and sound business reasoning to interpret application of contract to business needs. Examples include indemnification, intellectual property, force majeure, and amendments/exhibits/SOWs.
- Negotiations: Utilize negotiations to maximize value and cost savings benefit while lowering risk.
- Supplier Management: Establish segmentation of suppliers for assigned category. Create and implement related management programs to develop, continuously improve, govern, rationalize, manage the performance of, and monitor SLA's/KPI's of the supply base.
- Strategy/Sourcing: Lead, assist, and support the processes, technologies, and operations.
- Create sourcing strategies for assigned categories. Performs assignments independently with instruction limited to results expected.
- Stakeholder Management: Develop and maintain key internal stakeholder relationships to create strategic sourcing models that optimize the value of products and services that support business unit requirement to maintain continuous cost reduction programs for controllable expenditures. Communicate, manage, and drive compliance to category strategies. Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Talent Development: May help manage, lead, develop, and mentor related positions, such as Sourcing Analysts while working on critical projects.
- Under general supervision, and operates with considerable latitude.
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years experience relative to requirements.
- Experience in contracting, procurement, finance, operations, controls, negotiations, accounting.
- Master's Degree in purchasing, supply chain management, finance, or business-related discipline and 8 years experience relative to requirements preferred.
- Advanced experience in contract terms and conditions, procurement methodologies, finance, operations, controls, negotiations, and accounting preferred.
- Experience directly managing purchasing resources preferred.
- Ability to gather and communicate business requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with credibility at all levels of the organization and with suppliers.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sourcing and category management.
- Ability to plan and manage projects across business and functional groups.
- Ability to analyze business processes related to or impacted by sourcing projects.
- Ability to develop, enable and drive execution of key business strategies, both internally and externally, to deliver Company mission and objectives.
- Ability to work under general supervision
- Ability to lead processes and projects.
- Initiative to determine new areas for sourcing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.