Strategic Sourcing Manager - Procurement - Monrovia , California, United States, 91017
Cacique looks to hire future teammates who embody Cacique's Four Pillars: Family, Quality, Integrity and Authenticity. These four Pillars are the values that have been the foundation of Cacique's success since its inception in 1973. Our work culture embraces people who are innovative, resourceful, determined, catalysts of change and champions of our values.
As we continue to grow, we are currently looking for a Contract Manufacturing and Commodity Procurement expert to join our expanding team as a Strategic Sourcing Manager. Reporting to the Director of Supply Chain, the Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for building and executing strategies to source and acquire goods and services for Cacique at the lowest total cost of ownership. Specifically, the Strategic Procurement Manager partners with Marketing, Sales, Quality Assurance, Research & Development, Finance and Operations to drive sourcing solutions for outsourced manufacturing for products sold by Cacique. Since many of these items are commodity based, this individual will also possess expertise in dairy, meat and fresh vegetable markets. The Strategic Sourcing Manager will have direct ownership in sourcing and selection of new suppliers and co-manufacturers to support existing Operational needs, Research & Development projects and Innovation initiatives.
Ideal candidates will have a BS/BA degree in a related area (MBA preferred) along with CPSM or and/or APICS certification, and at least 8 years of experience in strategic procurement, co-manufacturing, sourcing and supply chain management. Must be able to demonstrate well-developed negotiation skills as well as the ability to perform hands-on procurement; demonstrated experience identifying and onboarding new supply sources; and the ability to partner with and influence suppliers, colleagues and key leaders internally and externally.
DUTIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead the strategic development, implementation and management of Cacique's co-manufacturing and supplier networks.
- Participate in setting the strategic direction for the department, as well as convey and contribute to the tactical execution both at headquarters and the facilities.
- Cross-functional coordination with Marketing, Sales and Operations on new product introductions and existing product modifications.
- Set, align, document and validate supplier and co-manufacturer quality standards to meet Cacique quality systems objectives. Ensure suppliers adhere to required food regulations and meet Cacique Quality Assurance and Food Safety requirements.
- Support development of procurement strategy to reduce transaction costs and inventory levels.
- Manage and monitor supplier performance using meaningful and objective KPI measurements and periodic business reviews.
- Negotiate, document and manage supply agreements.
- Routinely identify and evaluate new supply opportunities and supplier capabilities to maintain Cacique's competitive advantage and supply continuity.
- Develop and execute a continuous cost-savings pipeline while ensuring the least total cost of ownership, expected quality and service levels from suppliers.
- Determine the most cost effective production location for materials and co-manufactured products to ensure a stable and consistent supply to the company's distribution network.
- Develop, deploy and manage systems to continuously improve, streamline and automate business processes such as approval of artwork, packaging material design, production planning, materials replenishment, alternate ingredient approval, material traceability and equipment specifications.
- Execute and manage annual financial planning process, including setting standards, monthly forecast updates.
- Assess, develop and deploy supply continuity planning processes through risk-based assessments.
- Maintains protections of Cacique Intellectual Property, trade secrets and brands.
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of product and packaging categories including market trends, futures markets and related pricing and economic conditions.
- Issue purchase orders, maintain reports, manage supplier performance and resolve operational and invoicing issues in a timely manner.
- Contributor and promoter of Cacique culture.
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally with all levels of the organization, including Executives, Department Directors, Managers and Production Staff.
- Extensive knowledge of dairy, meat and vegetable commodities food ingredients, co-manufacturing and contract management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent MS Office skills required with the emphasis on Excel.
- Knowledge and experience using MS Dynamics NAV 2015 or other comparable MRP/ERP systems is needed.
- BS/BA degree required, MBA preferred. Business or related field preferred.
- CPSM or certification preferred
- APICS certification preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience in strategic procurement, co-manufacturing, sourcing and supply chain.
- Project management experience in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced Food/CPG environment
For nearly four decades, authenticity, integrity, family pride and tradition have made Cacique® the largest Hispanic cheese brand in the U.S.
Cacique has combined old-world traditions with new world technologies into the Cacique family of products, which includes fresh and aged traditional cheeses, creams, chorizos, and beverages to provide customers with authentic products, made with high quality ingredients, they have come to know and enjoy.