Strategic Sourcing / Costing Mgr - Huntington Beach , California, United States, 92646
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The DC Shoes Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for ensuring the Group Global Sourcing Strategy meets the needs of and is effectively executed to drive profitability for the Brand. They will support the company's Sourcing strategy that ties to the brand & corporate profitability goals by partnering with the Global Sourcing office and Brand teams. They will be responsible for managing the brand's global costing process with the global sourcing office, to achieve best price and margin targets. T he BSSM must develop strong cross functional relationships throughout the organization to ensure collaboration and information sharing of all cost inputs and to identify options and creative solutions to drive achievement of targets. This role is expected to challenge senior leadership in a constructive manner and spark discussion and debate when needed to address issues as it relates to cost and achievement of margin targets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Sourcing Market Expertise
- Maintain a high level of market knowledge and ensure that company is aware of any market trends that can be leveraged to reduce costs and deliver quality products to market in line with merchant expectations and company sourcing strategy. Maintain component cost database to ensure accuracy in modeling product costs. Partner with the VP of Sourcing on country strategy to leverage favorable trends in the global sourcing landscape
- Understand brand aesthetic, strategy and directions and represents brand in overseas sourcing offices
- Drive strategic sourcing communication across functional and brand leadership
- Communicate any change in brand direction / needs to the Global Sourcing office to ensure awareness of any gaps in sourcing strategy/factory base
- Identify vendors for new products to Merchandising and Brand PD based on vendor matrix. (ie. Capsules, new product categories etc...)
- Execute the sourcing plan to meet the company's annual cost reduction targets while ensuring quality execution of product.
- Collaborate with product development team to allocate styles/products to vendors at handover milestone dates.
- Work with overseas sourcing teams to ensure vendor and country allocations are made in line with brand quality, MOQ and lead time requirements
- Work to given seasonal calendar - works to mitigate any risks/consequences to the business of non-adherence to calendars
- Provide vendor matrix to Design & Brand PD including allocation % of business by category to drive vendor & capacity plan adherence
- Coordinate in region Mill Day schedule with the overseas sourcing team
- Research and identify fabric alternatives to brand teams to assist in meeting pricing goals, leadtime, & MOQ to ensure suitability with IGM goal in mind prior to Sketch Review
- Proactively work with Supplier, Developers, Brand Team, and Costing Team to review and interpret factory cost breakdown and its impact on the total weighted margin.
- Provide and perform scenario analysis regarding Materials, component, technology, productivity, IGM, and foreign exchange changes to help the team achieve target IGM per season according to the seasonal critical dates. Review historical information and model to prepare and present information to the brand team and costing counterpart to help establish FOB and supplier negotiation.
- Effectively communicate pertinent costing model information to the brand and costing organization. Including FOB confirmation and tracking progress against key deadlines and metrics :FOB Target vs. Actual FOB, FOB on time, etc..
- Create and maintain Brand IGM roll up, and finalizes the IGM roll up with Brand PD and Merch at end of season
- Partner with Brand PD, Merchandising & Design to set appropriate cost targets
- Provide Budget FOB targets to overseas sourcing/PD teams for cost execution with the supplier
- In-depth review of styles where FOB Targets are not met and works with oversee sourcing to identify opportunities to lower cost
- Highlight all cost challenges to Merch & Brand PD during milestone meetings
- Align with Merchandising team and provides input to overseas sourcing teams to renegotiate any necessary changes to hit IGM goals as needed
- Manage costing to support margins across all regions on global styles
- Monitor margin erosion through buy process including surcharge negotiations
- Accountable to achieve margin goals as well as savings targets through pre-costing and final conponent cost negotiations
- Develop greige plan based on forecast and carryover probability
- Partner with Brand PD and Merch to establish thresholds by fabrication/ season
- Work with Production on buy dates & lead times
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / EDUCATION:
- Degree in Business, Apparel/Textiles or something similar
- Experience working with overseas vendors, low cost country sourcing
- Knowledge of sourcing, manufacturing and costing
- Knowledge of technical design, fabric, yarns, construction, wash, embellishment and print techniques
- Knowledge of global sourcing trends and strategies
- Knowledge of time and action production calendars
- Ability to understand brand aesthetic and design
- Good command of English
- Degree in Business, Apparel/Textiles, Retail Merchandising, or something similar
- Experience sourcing/costing
- Experience in product development is preferable
- 7+ years sourcing experience within apparel /footwear
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- PLM system knowledge