Strategic Planning Mgr Global Operations And Tech - Portland, Oregon, United States, 97201
Strategic Planning, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Every successful team at Nike, Inc. needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike's path forward.
Nike's Strategic Planning's job is to keep us moving in the right direction by establishing a strategic business planning process, authoring our one and three year strategic and business plans, and leading transformational initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional teams. Our teams are embedded at the global corporate level and throughout our business units. We frame complex and ambiguous issues, conduct consumer, competitive, and market analyses, field research, create financial models, and develop action plans.
As a Strategic Planning Manager for Global Operations and Technology, you'll work across functions and with senior Nike leadership to develop and implement the Nike Brand's global long-term growth strategy. You'll help shape our program and quarterback our offense, working on cross-functional project teams in support of general management to help identify and evaluate critical strategic priorities and/or strategic problems. You will also help catalyze action against these priorities through strategic and long-range business planning and performance management.
We are looking for strategic and passionate problem solvers who are comfortable solving complex business problems and catalyzing transformational change.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years' work experience in management consulting, corporate strategic planning, corporate development, business development, investment banking or related fields
- In lieu of a degree an additional 2 years of experience is acceptable
- Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) preferred but not required
- Previous management consulting experience at a top tier consulting firm is highly preferred
- Proven ability to work on cross-functional teams and provide project management support
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial models
- Proven ability to conduct and/or analyze research related to consumers, industries and competitors
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills
- Can-do attitude and history of making stuff happen independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Operations and technology experience a plus
- Ability to pass a criminal background check