Strategic Planning Director - Beaverton , Oregon, United States, 97005
Strategic Planning, Corporate Services
Like any winning team, Nike, Inc. relies on talented, ambitious individuals to thrive. Every day, the Corporate Service teams raise the bar on excellence. The diverse disciplines that make up these teams include Finance, Facilities, Legal, Human Resources, Procurement, Child Development, Administrative Support, Strategic Planning and more. Corporate Services drives innovation in process, technologies and services, while fueling the company with exceptional levels of support.
Every successful team at Nike, Inc. needs a brilliant game plan. Strategic Planning teams keep the company moving in the right direction by leading the strategic business planning process and spearheading transformational projects across Nike businesses and geographies. Embedded in teams across the company, strategy professionals explore complex business issues; conduct consumer, competitive and market analyses; create financial models and develop action plans. The Strategic Planning teams help write the future of sport by charting Nike's path forward.
Nike's Strategic Planning team's job is to keep us moving in the right direction by establishing a strategic business planning process, authoring our one and three year strategic and business plans, and leading transformational initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional teams. Our teams are embedded at the global corporate level and throughout our business units. We frame complex and ambiguous issues, conduct consumer, competitive, and market analyses, field research, create financial models, and develop action plans.
As our Strategic Planning Director for Corporate Strategy and Development, you'll work directly with senior executive leadership to develop and execute Nike, Inc.'s global long-term growth strategy, work closely with senior executives from Nike, Inc. and its portfolio of brands - Nike, Jordan, Nike Golf, Converse and Hurley. You'll independently lead cross-functional special project teams in support of general management to help identify and evaluate critical strategic priorities and/or strategic problems, and to catalyze action against these priorities through strategic and long-range business planning and performance management.
- Bachelor's degree plus 8 years of professional work experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, corporate development, or a related field.
- OR, MBA plus 6 years of experience (2+ years' experience post-MBA).
- OR, in lieu of a degree, 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in leading complex strategic projects and demonstrated success in leading a methodical process of analyzing problems, gathering information, generating options, then proposing and acting on a course of action
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and results-oriented environment
- Proven ability to pull together diverse individuals with different goals and facilitate productive discussions
- Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business opportunities and understand how strategic plans can enable revenue and profit growth
- Successful track record liaising with and influencing executive level professionals to drive business outcomes
- Mastery of business communication tools and verbal/written communication to promote conceptual understanding and mobilize change through storytelling
- Experience in digital and/or brick and mortar (B&M) retail highly a plus
- Interest and exposure to retail industry trends, consumer shopping behavior and physical/digital integration highly preferred
- Experience visioning the future of consumer experience, shopping and omni-channel retail highly preferred
- Ability to pass a 7-year background investigation